I'm just curious when you think that the 3.1 update will come out? Do you think it will take more than 2 beta tests?

I was just reading a bunch of articles on googlenews and some of the features for the 3.1 update. I'm just hoping that the distorted SMS sound will go away. One last feature I would like to see is swipe to delete numbers from recent call list. I think it's pretty lame that you can't just clear one number, you must wipe the whole list. Anyway, what do you guys wanna see in the future updates?
    07-08-2009 02:20 AM
    Last year there were 4 betas for iPhone 2.1 before the release in September just after Apple's Let's Rock music event and the introduction of the 2nd gen iPod touch.

Unless they rush 3.1 for bug fixes, this year might be the same.
    07-08-2009 09:25 AM
    Last year there were 4 betas for iPhone 2.1 before the release in September just after Apple's Let's Rock music event and the introduction of the 2nd gen iPod touch.

Yeah, I think it would be about the same or a bit sooner since 3.0 came out about a month before 2.0 did last year.
    07-08-2009 09:27 AM
    Enjoy waiting
    07-08-2009 01:35 PM
    I actually have a feeling we could be getting 3.1 and the end of July at the earliest. I believe ATT plans to enable MMS sometime towards the end of July. That will probably just be an over-the-air carrier update though.

Odds are 3.1 will be released after two months of testing.
    07-08-2009 02:55 PM
    I actually have a feeling we could be getting 3.1 and the end of July at the earliest. I believe ATT plans to enable MMS sometime towards the end of July. That will probably just be an over-the-air carrier update though.

Odds are 3.1 will be released after two months of testing.
    MMS? What's that?
    07-08-2009 03:01 PM
    I'm just curious when you think that the 3.1 update will come out? Do you think it will take more than 2 beta tests?

I was just reading a bunch of articles on googlenews and some of the features for the 3.1 update. I'm just hoping that the distorted SMS sound will go away. One last feature I would like to see is swipe to delete numbers from recent call list. I think it's pretty lame that you can't just clear one number, you must wipe the whole list. Anyway, what do you guys wanna see in the future updates?
    What about this update is causing you to lose sleep. It seems rather insignificant.
    07-08-2009 03:03 PM
    What about this update is causing you to lose sleep. It seems rather insignificant.
    MMS is a big deal for some people. I know it is for me.
    07-08-2009 03:52 PM
    Voice control over bluetooth is a big plus for me. It's not like I need it now though.
    07-08-2009 04:41 PM
    I would like MMS but I bought my iPhone without so I can live without.
    07-08-2009 06:31 PM

thank you for your insight.

and the reason i want this insignificant update is because its what the 3.0 update should have been from thd get go.
    07-09-2009 12:09 AM
    MMS won't be available until AT&T says it is.
    07-09-2009 12:25 AM
    true, att is a big restriction, but a lot of rumormills are reporting that we will see an increase in battery life, as well as the fix for people with the 3GS who are hearing a distorted sound when the phone is in sleep mode and they receive a tri tone text message or plug it into the computer.
    07-09-2009 01:03 AM
    All of us are waiting for MMS - I just hate waiting
    07-09-2009 09:57 AM
    thank you for your insight.

and the reason i want this insignificant update is because its what the 3.0 update should have been from thd get go.
    I don't get it - there were so many enhancements in 3.0, what items specifically do you find 3.1 contains that make it so compelling?
    07-09-2009 06:43 PM
    I want my MMS !!!!!!
    07-09-2009 10:49 PM
    I don't get it - there were so many enhancements in 3.0, what items specifically do you find 3.1 contains that make it so compelling?
    it's not the fact that there are "new" features, moreso that the features that they gave us don't work right, and this should take care of a lot of things hopefully.

1.battery life
    2.sound distortion
    3.MMS
    4.bluetooth enhancements.
    5.not making me feel like i bought a $500 compass.
    07-09-2009 11:57 PM
    I want my MMS !!!!!!
    day four hundred [y2d34] - mmmm & mmmm's ~ alt on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Looks like this guy got his MMs
    07-10-2009 12:07 AM
    yes mms would be really nice. also i wish they would improve the editing option to not restrict it only to web, i mean for like text messages also and other apps (i.e. you can only copy an entire text response instead of letters, and words, or lines). Also i would like to see improvements in the email apps allowing for an attachment option to insert multiple attachments, or contacts instead of having to:
    select 1 by 1,
    or
    having to close the app,
    open another,
    copy from that app,
    close the app,
    then open previous said app ,
    and paste... sheeesh that was a a lot just typing.

Don't get me wrong i'm not complaining, I luv my 32g 3GS but would like to see those option in future updates (same with mms when it becomes available; by the way my mms option shows up already the pics just won't go thru if i try and send)

"thuwun"
    07-10-2009 08:18 AM
    If you're that desperate for MMS, there is an app for it (called MMS, I think). I was using it before the 3.0 update and although I had to pay extra if I wanted to send an MMS, it made receiving them much easier. MMS is now dependent on the carrier rather than another software update so even in if 3.1 comes out next week, AT&T users will still not have this feature.
    07-10-2009 08:54 AM
    it's not the fact that there are "new" features, moreso that the features that they gave us don't work right, and this should take care of a lot of things hopefully.

1.battery life
    2.sound distortion
    3.MMS
    4.bluetooth enhancements.
    5.not making me feel like i bought a $500 compass.
    What are the chances that battery life improvement will affect processor speed. I hope apple does npt downgrade this new processor to improve battery life.
    07-10-2009 09:05 AM
    What are the chances that battery life improvement will affect processor speed. I hope apple does npt downgrade this new processor to improve battery life.
    You can't downgrade a processor with a software update.

As for increased battery life in 3.1, I highly doubt it.
    07-10-2009 10:04 AM
    MMS won't be available until AT&T says it is.
    And MMS is rumored to be in 3.1, so I'll go with that.
    07-10-2009 10:06 AM
    You can't downgrade a processor with a software update.

As for increased battery life in 3.1, I highly doubt it.
    But you can tell it to run slower, in an attempt to increase battery life.

Or to sleep differently, in an effort to conserve power during idle times.
    07-10-2009 10:30 AM
    But you can tell it to run slower, in an attempt to increase battery life.

Or to sleep differently, in an effort to conserve power during idle times.
    The second one seems more possible than the first. I highly doubt apple would EVER decrease the processing power for the phone who's selling point is processing power (and a video camera).
    07-10-2009 10:57 AM
83 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD