*OFFICIAL no sleep till 3.1 thread*

Barrett316

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I'm just curious when you think that the 3.1 update will come out? Do you think it will take more than 2 beta tests?

:)

I was just reading a bunch of articles on googlenews and some of the features for the 3.1 update. I'm just hoping that the distorted SMS sound will go away. One last feature I would like to see is swipe to delete numbers from recent call list. I think it's pretty lame that you can't just clear one number, you must wipe the whole list. Anyway, what do you guys wanna see in the future updates?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Last year there were 4 betas for iPhone 2.1 before the release in September just after Apple's Let's Rock music event and the introduction of the 2nd gen iPod touch.

Unless they rush 3.1 for bug fixes, this year might be the same.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Last year there were 4 betas for iPhone 2.1 before the release in September just after Apple's Let's Rock music event and the introduction of the 2nd gen iPod touch.

Yeah, I think it would be about the same or a bit sooner since 3.0 came out about a month before 2.0 did last year.

UTVOL06

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
I actually have a feeling we could be getting 3.1 and the end of July at the earliest. I believe ATT plans to enable MMS sometime towards the end of July. That will probably just be an over-the-air carrier update though.

Odds are 3.1 will be released after two months of testing.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I actually have a feeling we could be getting 3.1 and the end of July at the earliest. I believe ATT plans to enable MMS sometime towards the end of July. That will probably just be an over-the-air carrier update though.

Odds are 3.1 will be released after two months of testing.

MMS? What's that? :cool:

infenit101

Sep 30, 2008
Visit site
I'm just curious when you think that the 3.1 update will come out? Do you think it will take more than 2 beta tests?

:)

I was just reading a bunch of articles on googlenews and some of the features for the 3.1 update. I'm just hoping that the distorted SMS sound will go away. One last feature I would like to see is swipe to delete numbers from recent call list. I think it's pretty lame that you can't just clear one number, you must wipe the whole list. Anyway, what do you guys wanna see in the future updates?

What about this update is causing you to lose sleep. It seems rather insignificant.

Barrett316

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site

thank you for your insight.

and the reason i want this insignificant update is because its what the 3.0 update should have been from thd get go.

Barrett316

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
true, att is a big restriction, but a lot of rumormills are reporting that we will see an increase in battery life, as well as the fix for people with the 3GS who are hearing a distorted sound when the phone is in sleep mode and they receive a tri tone text message or plug it into the computer.

raremage

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
thank you for your insight.

and the reason i want this insignificant update is because its what the 3.0 update should have been from thd get go.

I don't get it - there were so many enhancements in 3.0, what items specifically do you find 3.1 contains that make it so compelling?

Barrett316

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't get it - there were so many enhancements in 3.0, what items specifically do you find 3.1 contains that make it so compelling?

it's not the fact that there are "new" features, moreso that the features that they gave us don't work right, and this should take care of a lot of things hopefully.

1.battery life
2.sound distortion
3.MMS
4.bluetooth enhancements.
5.not making me feel like i bought a $500 compass.

thuwun

Jul 6, 2009
twitter.com
yes mms would be really nice. also i wish they would improve the editing option to not restrict it only to web, i mean for like text messages also and other apps (i.e. you can only copy an entire text response instead of letters, and words, or lines). Also i would like to see improvements in the email apps allowing for an attachment option to insert multiple attachments, or contacts instead of having to:
select 1 by 1,
or
having to close the app,
open another,
copy from that app,
close the app,
then open previous said app ,
and paste... sheeesh that was a a lot just typing.

Don't get me wrong i'm not complaining, I luv my 32g 3GS but would like to see those option in future updates (same with mms when it becomes available; by the way my mms option shows up already the pics just won't go thru if i try and send)

"thuwun"

Dalekkiller

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
If you're that desperate for MMS, there is an app for it (called MMS, I think). I was using it before the 3.0 update and although I had to pay extra if I wanted to send an MMS, it made receiving them much easier. MMS is now dependent on the carrier rather than another software update so even in if 3.1 comes out next week, AT&T users will still not have this feature.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2