*OFFICIAL no sleep till 3.1 thread*

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I read this great article from a guy. It's an open letter to at&t. I think everyone should hop on his petition or at least vocalize your views on the matter. It's pretty lame that the service that we use, make the iPhone the laughing stock of smartphones.

Read it if you have a second... http://iphone.mobilitysite.com/2009/07/open-letter-to-att/
Let's face it, guys. The "steaming heap of failure" does not need any more chiding. They are simply in denial. They lack the resources and the will to do other than they are doing.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
All of us are waiting for MMS - I just hate waiting
I am not. I simply resent the fact that AT&T has arbitrarily crippled it on the iPhone while supporting it on other phones. I resent that they limit VoIP, and Slingplayer to Wifi on iPhones while supporting them over GPRS on other phones. I resent the fact that Apple has given them such control.

Barrett316

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
so, i'm pretty disappointed that apple still hasn't given us the 3.1 update yet. it seems like the never ending story.

and how many people are looking forward to the new facebook update? just curious :cool:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
lets see what happens on the 9th, I would hope for at least the GM
Is there some significance to the "9th?" Is this 9 September 2009?

GM? The 3.1 Gold Master? To the developers?

Do the developers know things that the rest of us do not? Can you share?

Last edited:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Is there some significance to the "9th?" Is this 9 September 2009?

GM? The 3.1 Gold Master? To the developers?

Do the developers know things that the rest of us do not? Can you share?

The only significance with the date of September 9th is the iPod event Apple is holding.

Yes, the poster was referring to the 3.1 gold master.

Some developers may know more. I suppose it depends on how big the developer is. Small time devs will know nothing until it actually happens.

While I think we very well may see 3.1 next week, the worst case is we get an update to when it will release. Who knows, perhaps it will be delayed because of AT&T. Never know...

Last edited:

italianangel8131

Sep 6, 2009
Visit site
this is why i switched to verizon cause i wanted mms to see pics (that i realize now no one sends me)4 months later and now i just want a iphone and come back to att but it will have to wait until 2011 until then i just be drooling over the iphone

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Hasn't AT&T already announced September 25th as the date MMS will launch?
Yes. However, Apple has not announced when Rel. 3.1 will be available.

Two very different things. MMS is in 3.0. Some of us want the features that we hope are in 3.1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2