*OFFICIAL no sleep till 3.1 thread*

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Actually the 3GS comes with 3.0.1 on it. 3G owners are running 3.0.0. The next update is 3.1.0. "

Nope. My 3gs is running 3.0

Barrett316

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
beta 3 came out today. i read an article that said, "Unofficially, iPhone OS 3.1 is anticipated to be ready by early September, just in time for Apple's by now yearly iPod updates -- and the seemingly probable release of an iPod touch with a camera that could take advantage of augmented reality when using Wi-Fi."

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
beta 3 came out today. i read an article that said, "Unofficially, iPhone OS 3.1 is anticipated to be ready by early September, just in time for Apple's by now yearly iPod updates -- and the seemingly probable release of an iPod touch with a camera that could take advantage of augmented reality when using Wi-Fi."

September! I can't wait that long!

xultar

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if it's been said already but I would love a toggle to turn off 3G and Edge in the interface.
Me too.

Are you using SB settings?

I can't decide if it hits performance or not. Do yu notice a hit on performance...i mean if you use it.

I became obsessed with performance after I JB my 3G. I'm not clear yet if the performance issues I had with it resulted from the JB, the JB apps or the fact that I restored it from a backup.

I got a 3Gs and it is JB I didn't restore from backup and I don't have that many JB apps on it. Right now it seems to be fine from a performance stand point. But now I'm just trying to see what people are experiencing.

Last edited:

lionheartednyhc

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Me too.

I can't decide if it hits performance or not. Do yu notice a hit on performance...i mean if you use it.

I became obsessed with performance after I JB my 3G. I'm not clear yet if the performance issues I had with it resulted from the JB, the JB apps or the fact that I restored it from a backup.

I got a 3Gs and it is JB I didn't restore from backup and I don't have that many JB apps on it. Right now it seems to be fine from a performance stand point. But now I'm just trying to see what people are experiencing.

I have a 3gs. Running SBSettings, Winterboard and Lockscreeninfo and it seems to be as fast as ever. And if it is a tad slower, its totally worth it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Me too.

Yeah I'm using SBSettings and Bossprefs, I feel a bit of a slowdown but I think that's caused by Winterboard not SBSettings or Bossprefs. This time although I loaded Winterboard because I want the wallpaper to show on the homescreen I haven't loaded any themes. So I want to see if that keeps my phone fast.l

h4rk

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
This might be the first time that I'm actually more excited about the bug fixes in a release as opposed to new features. Sure, some of the new stuff like pasting into the dialer and such are nice, but 3.0 can be buggy, I'd like it to be more stable, especially on my slowpoke iPhone 3G.

Stone#IM

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Me too.

My 3GS has been jailbroken since RC2 and I don't see any kind of performance hit. I run SBSettings and a few other apps not that many but to me it seems just as fast as it was before the JB.

Barrett316

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
This was pretty cool. They just found a benefit of the new 3.1 update for users who have a passcode lock on their phones.

Now, for people with passwords, if the iPhone is plugged into a new computer, and the phone is locked, the computer will reject the phone from being tampered with. This means that people can't do a restore on the phone if it is stolen like they could now. Just another cool feature that I'm looking forward to when the new update gets released.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
This was pretty cool. They just found a benefit of the new 3.1 update for users who have a passcode lock on their phones.

Now, for people with passwords, if the iPhone is plugged into a new computer, and the phone is locked, the computer will reject the phone from being tampered with. This means that people can't do a restore on the phone if it is stolen like they could now. Just another cool feature that I'm looking forward to when the new update gets released.

Yes I will like this feature also. Sometimes when my iPhone is locked iTunes rejects it now but not all the time.

Barrett316

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
kind of off topic, but what ever happened to people talking about the Palm Pre? There was such a huge build-up, but it seems, at least to me, that once the 3GS came out the pre fell off the face of the earth. Has anyone used it?

I was just curious, because someone told me the browser wasn't anything near as fast or as good as the Safari browser.

djbbox

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
I'll like to see flash support, the Ability to have folders to store files and access them from within the browser this would be usefull to upload content to a website and other stuff, mms yes I like mms not everybody I know owns an iPhone or a bberry to Chek their emails to see pics and videos, customs backgrounds without jailbreaking it I don't get it something as simple as that make the difference I know at least 8 iPhone owners that had their device jailbroken just because of this lol

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

This is awesome I'm loving this should deter some thieves until someone figures out a way around it.

I would also like to be able to change the wallpaper on the phone without jailbreaking it. Although support of Jailbreak apps is so big I think alot of people would still Jailbreak even if they had all the things they currently Jailbreak for, me being one of those people.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
My 3GS has been jailbroken since RC2 and I don't see any kind of performance hit. I run SBSettings and a few other apps not that many but to me it seems just as fast as it was before the JB.

yeah... and? you have a 3GS of course SBsettings runs and doesn't slow your phone down. psh

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox