Me too.

Are you using SB settings?

I can't decide if it hits performance or not. Do yu notice a hit on performance...i mean if you use it.

I became obsessed with performance after I JB my 3G. I'm not clear yet if the performance issues I had with it resulted from the JB, the JB apps or the fact that I restored it from a backup.

I got a 3Gs and it is JB I didn't restore from backup and I don't have that many JB apps on it. Right now it seems to be fine from a performance stand point. But now I'm just trying to see what people are experiencing.
    Yeah I'm using SBSettings and Bossprefs, I feel a bit of a slowdown but I think that's caused by Winterboard not SBSettings or Bossprefs. This time although I loaded Winterboard because I want the wallpaper to show on the homescreen I haven't loaded any themes. So I want to see if that keeps my phone fast.l
    07-28-2009 11:00 PM
    This might be the first time that I'm actually more excited about the bug fixes in a release as opposed to new features. Sure, some of the new stuff like pasting into the dialer and such are nice, but 3.0 can be buggy, I'd like it to be more stable, especially on my slowpoke iPhone 3G.
    07-29-2009 03:51 PM
    Me too.

Are you using SB settings?

I can't decide if it hits performance or not. Do yu notice a hit on performance...i mean if you use it.

I became obsessed with performance after I JB my 3G. I'm not clear yet if the performance issues I had with it resulted from the JB, the JB apps or the fact that I restored it from a backup.

I got a 3Gs and it is JB I didn't restore from backup and I don't have that many JB apps on it. Right now it seems to be fine from a performance stand point. But now I'm just trying to see what people are experiencing.
    My 3GS has been jailbroken since RC2 and I don't see any kind of performance hit. I run SBSettings and a few other apps not that many but to me it seems just as fast as it was before the JB.
    07-29-2009 04:10 PM
    This was pretty cool. They just found a benefit of the new 3.1 update for users who have a passcode lock on their phones.

Now, for people with passwords, if the iPhone is plugged into a new computer, and the phone is locked, the computer will reject the phone from being tampered with. This means that people can't do a restore on the phone if it is stolen like they could now. Just another cool feature that I'm looking forward to when the new update gets released.
    08-05-2009 03:36 PM
    This was pretty cool. They just found a benefit of the new 3.1 update for users who have a passcode lock on their phones.

Now, for people with passwords, if the iPhone is plugged into a new computer, and the phone is locked, the computer will reject the phone from being tampered with. This means that people can't do a restore on the phone if it is stolen like they could now. Just another cool feature that I'm looking forward to when the new update gets released.
    Yes I will like this feature also. Sometimes when my iPhone is locked iTunes rejects it now but not all the time.
    08-05-2009 03:37 PM
    kind of off topic, but what ever happened to people talking about the Palm Pre? There was such a huge build-up, but it seems, at least to me, that once the 3GS came out the pre fell off the face of the earth. Has anyone used it?

I was just curious, because someone told me the browser wasn't anything near as fast or as good as the Safari browser.
    08-05-2009 03:45 PM
    I'll like to see flash support, the Ability to have folders to store files and access them from within the browser this would be usefull to upload content to a website and other stuff, mms yes I like mms not everybody I know owns an iPhone or a bberry to Chek their emails to see pics and videos, customs backgrounds without jailbreaking it I don't get it something as simple as that make the difference I know at least 8 iPhone owners that had their device jailbroken just because of this lol
    08-05-2009 03:53 PM
    I want flash support too and also gmail push from the native app.
    08-05-2009 04:18 PM

This is awesome I'm loving this should deter some thieves until someone figures out a way around it.

I would also like to be able to change the wallpaper on the phone without jailbreaking it. Although support of Jailbreak apps is so big I think alot of people would still Jailbreak even if they had all the things they currently Jailbreak for, me being one of those people.
    08-05-2009 04:25 PM
    My 3GS has been jailbroken since RC2 and I don't see any kind of performance hit. I run SBSettings and a few other apps not that many but to me it seems just as fast as it was before the JB.
    yeah... and? you have a 3GS of course SBsettings runs and doesn't slow your phone down. psh
    08-05-2009 09:57 PM
    also i hope they make an update so that the maps app doesn't suck as bad as it is now.
    08-06-2009 12:36 AM
    any new updates soon apple?
    08-13-2009 12:05 AM
    I read this great article from a guy. It's an open letter to at&t. I think everyone should hop on his petition or at least vocalize your views on the matter. It's pretty lame that the service that we use, make the iPhone the laughing stock of smartphones.

Read it if you have a second... http://iphone.mobilitysite.com/2009/...letter-to-att/
    Let's face it, guys. The "steaming heap of failure" does not need any more chiding. They are simply in denial. They lack the resources and the will to do other than they are doing.
    08-23-2009 12:43 PM
    And MMS is rumored to be in 3.1, so I'll go with that.
    MMS is in 3.0. It is simply crippled. No reason to believe that it will not continue to be crippled.
    08-23-2009 12:47 PM
    All of us are waiting for MMS - I just hate waiting
    I am not. I simply resent the fact that AT&T has arbitrarily crippled it on the iPhone while supporting it on other phones. I resent that they limit VoIP, and Slingplayer to Wifi on iPhones while supporting them over GPRS on other phones. I resent the fact that Apple has given them such control.
    08-23-2009 12:53 PM
    Voice control over bluetooth is a big plus for me. It's not like I need it now though.
    I agree. This will greatly improve the utility of the iPhone.
    08-23-2009 12:55 PM
    so, i'm pretty disappointed that apple still hasn't given us the 3.1 update yet. it seems like the never ending story.

and how many people are looking forward to the new facebook update? just curious
    08-26-2009 01:13 AM
    Waiting waiting waiting for the new facebook app
    08-26-2009 04:48 PM
    Hope fully we should see the release of it on sept 9, if not the 3.1 Gold Master.
    08-26-2009 05:05 PM
    i hope so september 9th..
    08-28-2009 06:30 PM
    I would love for ATT to turn on MMS around the release of 3.1 Atleast we can count on apple's 3.1 release.
    08-31-2009 01:25 PM
    lets see what happens on the 9th, I would hope for at least the GM
    09-03-2009 12:32 PM
    lets see what happens on the 9th, I would hope for at least the GM
    Is there some significance to the "9th?" Is this 9 September 2009?

GM? The 3.1 Gold Master? To the developers?

Do the developers know things that the rest of us do not? Can you share?
    Last edited by whmurray; 09-03-2009 at 12:56 PM.
    09-03-2009 12:52 PM
    Is there some significance to the "9th?" Is this 9 September 2009?

GM? The 3.1 Gold Master? To the developers?

Do the developers know things that the rest of us do not? Can you share?
    The only significance with the date of September 9th is the iPod event Apple is holding.

Yes, the poster was referring to the 3.1 gold master.

Some developers may know more. I suppose it depends on how big the developer is. Small time devs will know nothing until it actually happens.

While I think we very well may see 3.1 next week, the worst case is we get an update to when it will release. Who knows, perhaps it will be delayed because of AT&T. Never know...
    Last edited by Jeremy Sikora; 09-03-2009 at 01:11 PM.
    09-03-2009 01:07 PM
    this is why i switched to verizon cause i wanted mms to see pics (that i realize now no one sends me)4 months later and now i just want a iphone and come back to att but it will have to wait until 2011 until then i just be drooling over the iphone
    09-06-2009 05:23 PM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD