Decreasing the processor speed would be retarded. Thats like chopping someone's legg off because they said their toenail got infected. Thats just handicapping them.
    07-10-2009 04:32 PM
    Shaving off a few megahertz can go unnoticed in terms of speed, but it could make a world of difference to battery life, wifi problems and heat dissipation.
    07-10-2009 07:37 PM
    Shaving off a few megahertz can go unnoticed in terms of speed, but it could make a world of difference to battery life, wifi problems and heat dissipation.
    well you can have your handicapped iphone with 1hr of extra battery life. I'll take mine full speed ahead captain.
    07-11-2009 09:41 AM
    Guys your batter life issues are caused by a Mobile Me bug. If you are currently syncing calenders or contacts or bookmarks via mobile me then deactivate that feature for now until 3.0.1 comes out.
    07-11-2009 11:07 AM
    Guys your batter life issues are caused by a Mobile Me bug. If you are currently syncing calenders or contacts or bookmarks via mobile me then deactivate that feature for now until 3.0.1 comes out.
    I am using mobileme but the only thing active is the find my iphone feature. The battery performace i'm talking about is this. Full charge in the morning. Take it off the charger, running edge instead of 3g. no push notifications or email, little to no brightness. within an hour battery level is at 92%. Ok on my 3G i was running the same free memory program that showed the battery level. often times i could go 4-5 hours and still be at 96%. On 2.2.1 I ran 2 days and 6 hours one time on a single charge making phonecalls and email. Now i'm lucky to last over 13 hours on minimal web browsing and email. Hardly ever use the "phone" feature, more for texting. That's my take on the situation anyway.
    07-11-2009 01:31 PM
    No matter what's the cause Apple needs to get an update out pronto to fix it. It's getting really annoying not being able to depend on one's phone.

I've taken the extra step of disabling my Mobile Me email which I never use anyway to see if that helps/hurts things. I'm still not getting the battery life I used to on 2.2.1.
    07-12-2009 01:14 AM
    I am using mobileme but the only thing active is the find my iphone feature. The battery performace i'm talking about is this. Full charge in the morning. Take it off the charger, running edge instead of 3g. no push notifications or email, little to no brightness. within an hour battery level is at 92%. Ok on my 3G i was running the same free memory program that showed the battery level. often times i could go 4-5 hours and still be at 96%. On 2.2.1 I ran 2 days and 6 hours one time on a single charge making phonecalls and email. Now i'm lucky to last over 13 hours on minimal web browsing and email. Hardly ever use the "phone" feature, more for texting. That's my take on the situation anyway.
    I would be happy to get one full day of moderate use and not have to worry about your phone being dead when you wake up in the morning. I typically have to charge my 3gs twice a day. Now under light use I can make it 1 1/2 days on a full charge, but when does anyone ever use their iphone lightly?

The 3gs is my first iPhone so I have no experience with an OS below 3.0.
    07-12-2009 01:03 PM
    Actually the 3GS comes with 3.0.1 on it. 3G owners are running 3.0.0. The next update is 3.1.0.
    07-12-2009 01:05 PM
    so when do you guys think the update will be final? i'm like a crackhead with my phone plugging it in everyday clicking check for update, then nothing

hmm
    07-14-2009 01:27 AM
    On a normal day, since I've always in front of a computer, my iPhone is always full charged. But when it comes to being on the road ... eek! I'm hoping battery life is the #1 priority in this upgrade, and hoping the difference is huge. However, I'm not holding my breathe, since I have a 3GS, and I reckon it's like the old Pentium P4s, very powerful, but very power hungry (and always running warm, just like the 3GS).
    07-14-2009 02:17 AM
    So after a few more days of running with all my MobileMe features disabled I've discovered that Safari, or rather anything that uses Webkit, is also a culprit in running down the battery and making the phone overheat. Only when I deactivate EVERY single MobileMe service AND not use Safari or a webkit based app at all do I get back to my normal battery life and device temperature.

This is a VERY buggy release. Not only does MobileMe Push kill the phone's battery but so does Safari. Those two are my most used functions on the entire device.

I REALLY hope the next update is 1. Quick and 2. Addresses these issues.
    07-14-2009 11:12 AM
    please apple, hurry up and make my phone better. is that too much to ask?
    07-16-2009 02:10 AM
    07-16-2009 02:12 AM
    Guess I must be lucky this time as I've had no real problems with 3.0. This time last year, I was tearing my hair out as my iPhone crashed several times a day and took several hours to make a corrupted backup. The only problem I've had so far is Safari sometimes freezing on me but it's easily solved by just pressing the home button or turning the phone off and on again.
    07-16-2009 01:53 PM
    Compass street view. I can't think of anymore right now.
    07-17-2009 01:31 AM
    Actually the 3GS comes with 3.0.1 on it. 3G owners are running 3.0.0. The next update is 3.1.0. "

Nope. My 3gs is running 3.0
    07-18-2009 08:44 PM
    I'm mainly hoping for:

improved battery
    improved wifi
    improved push notifications
    functional blutooth voice commands
    07-20-2009 06:40 PM
    I think MMS will be great but not going to lose sleep over it.
    07-20-2009 06:54 PM
    I read this great article from a guy. It's an open letter to at&t. I think everyone should hop on his petition or at least vocalize your views on the matter. It's pretty lame that the service that we use, make the iPhone the laughing stock of smartphones.

Read it if you have a second... http://iphone.mobilitysite.com/2009/...letter-to-att/
    07-20-2009 11:20 PM
    i want video recording for 3g
    07-22-2009 10:00 AM
    beta 3 came out today. i read an article that said, "Unofficially, iPhone OS 3.1 is anticipated to be ready by early September, just in time for Apple's by now yearly iPod updates -- and the seemingly probable release of an iPod touch with a camera that could take advantage of augmented reality when using Wi-Fi."
    07-28-2009 01:08 PM
    beta 3 came out today. i read an article that said, "Unofficially, iPhone OS 3.1 is anticipated to be ready by early September, just in time for Apple's by now yearly iPod updates -- and the seemingly probable release of an iPod touch with a camera that could take advantage of augmented reality when using Wi-Fi."
    September! I can't wait that long!
    07-28-2009 02:23 PM
    I don't know if it's been said already but I would love a toggle to turn off 3G and Edge in the interface.
    07-28-2009 03:22 PM
    I don't know if it's been said already but I would love a toggle to turn off 3G and Edge in the interface.
    Me too.

Are you using SB settings?

I can't decide if it hits performance or not. Do yu notice a hit on performance...i mean if you use it.

I became obsessed with performance after I JB my 3G. I'm not clear yet if the performance issues I had with it resulted from the JB, the JB apps or the fact that I restored it from a backup.

I got a 3Gs and it is JB I didn't restore from backup and I don't have that many JB apps on it. Right now it seems to be fine from a performance stand point. But now I'm just trying to see what people are experiencing.
    Last edited by xultar; 07-28-2009 at 03:55 PM.
    07-28-2009 03:46 PM
    Me too.

Are you using SB settings?

I can't decide if it hits performance or not. Do yu notice a hit on performance...i mean if you use it.

I became obsessed with performance after I JB my 3G. I'm not clear yet if the performance issues I had with it resulted from the JB, the JB apps or the fact that I restored it from a backup.

I got a 3Gs and it is JB I didn't restore from backup and I don't have that many JB apps on it. Right now it seems to be fine from a performance stand point. But now I'm just trying to see what people are experiencing.
    I have a 3gs. Running SBSettings, Winterboard and Lockscreeninfo and it seems to be as fast as ever. And if it is a tad slower, its totally worth it.
    07-28-2009 08:49 PM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD