Scratching my head here...

Corrina

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
So this isn't really a "problem", but it's very odd and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced it:

I had the first gen iPhone a while back and now have a 3G. Both phones have produced less than fantastic battery life, especially since I use the crap out of my phones. I'm an iPod junkie and an app whore. Well today my battery seems to have developed magical lasting powers because I've been using it almost constantly for the last ten hours, with Wi-Fi running all day, and it's still "full" according to my battery indicator.

Ten+ hours of heavy app and Internet use and not even a sliver of battery gone. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but wth? I ALWAYS have to charge at least once during any given day. Today is the first day it's done this. I'd credit the 3.0 upgrade but I did that the day it came out. Any ideas?

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
I bought my 3G used and it had the same problem. The first day I used it, I made sure it was charging all night. Took it out, and used it sparingly, as I have heard of the battery issues accompanying the 3G. It showed full all the way until I got home. I was tickled to see the battery last all day and still be full, or close to it.

Then it happened. I was going to check my email as I sat down to my desk. I pressed the home button, the slide to unlock screen showed up and I slid the slider. Then, blink, and off it went. I thought...OH CRUD!!!!......I just bought a brick. I then went through some steps I read on this forum of trying to reset the phone, plugging it into the computer, etc. Nothing. I was biting my nails and pulling out whatever hair I have left.

Then I tried my last ditch effort of plugging it into the wall and see what happens. AHA!!!!!, life. But the battery meter on the screen was showing a small sliver of red and a little lightning bolt showing that it was charging. The battery was completely drained, and I never knew it.

I had upgraded the OS to 3.0 the previous night and thought that might be the culprit. I could not pinpoint the cause of why the battery meter was doing what it was doing, showing full when it was not.

Over the next few weeks, the battery meter slowly started to get in sync, and show a close exact of battery life left. I even downloaded a program called battery meter for free just to have a second opinion on the status.

I do believe that it has something to do with the circuit embedded in the battery that may not be interfacing properly with the iPhone OS, or maybe it just needs to be trained all over again after the OS upgrade.

I have not been able to duplicate this issue with my 2nd Generation iPod Touch that I upgraded to 3.0 on the day it dropped. So must be related to the phone portion of the device.

Corrina

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
THANK YOU! My phone did, indeed, blink off and die during a Twitter marathon, about midnight. At least I learned I can squeeze a good 14 hours out of my battery. Lol

I will also download that bettery meter app and hope my phone also retrains itself.

Thanks again! You were a huge help! :-D

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711