streaming TV episodes on the iphone

geraldhansen

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
are there any sites that support streaming television episodes to the iPhone. Everything I read says it is not possible to stream flash video on the iPhone and the only option was downloading directly from iTunes however I have been told it is possible to stream mp4's and television in particular.

kevinkubits

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
yes there is streaming tv on iPhone

your in luck, and you dont even have to download/buy an ap. I have been using this site: 3click.tv which fully supports streaming their library of tv series which is now something over 30,000 episodes on the iPhone. I dont know how they do it but their files are mp4 and work exactly the same on my PC as they do on my iPhone so it must be Flash video. The resolution on the phone is fantastic and pretty good on my laptop too. It does not work on a 3g connection, but I usually use Wifi to keep my data costs down anyway. With a good solid connection you looking at buffer free TV on your phone (I noticed they are utilizing progressive streaming, meaning if you do have a week signal, pause it and let it load up but it is rare in most environments as it streams very smoothly.)
All their stuff is ad free and each series has complete seasons so I like it. It is also rumured that Hulu.com has been trying to work in conjunction with Apple to get their programming on the phone in the future. Anyway, good luck with 3click.tv - it is by far the best thing I have found to do with my iPhone :)

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
NBC.COM has a mobile site that streams almost every show and all episodes. It works over 3G. I watch all Jimmy Fallon shows this way. Just got to nbc.com on your iPhone. Then click shows full episodes, they will appear. They even have classics like A Team and Currents like The Office and 30 Rock

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
your in luck, and you dont even have to download/buy an ap. I have been using this site: 3click.tv which fully supports streaming their library of tv series which is now something over 30,000 episodes on the iPhone. I dont know how they do it but their files are mp4 and work exactly the same on my PC as they do on my iPhone so it must be Flash video. The resolution on the phone is fantastic and pretty good on my laptop too. It does not work on a 3g connection, but I usually use Wifi to keep my data costs down anyway. With a good solid connection you looking at buffer free TV on your phone (I noticed they are utilizing progressive streaming, meaning if you do have a week signal, pause it and let it load up but it is rare in most environments as it streams very smoothly.)
All their stuff is ad free and each series has complete seasons so I like it. It is also rumured that Hulu.com has been trying to work in conjunction with Apple to get their programming on the phone in the future. Anyway, good luck with 3click.tv - it is by far the best thing I have found to do with my iPhone :)

Looks like a cool site, I don't see how 50 bucks for a 3 month subscription is "free" though..

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
are there any sites that support streaming television episodes to the iPhone. Everything I read says it is not possible to stream flash video on the iPhone and the only option was downloading directly from iTunes however I have been told it is possible to stream mp4's and television in particular.

The TV.com app is alright.

Last edited:

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
NBC.COM has a mobile site that streams almost every show and all episodes. It works over 3G. I watch all Jimmy Fallon shows this way. Just got to nbc.com on your iPhone. Then click shows full episodes, they will appear. They even have classics like A Team and Currents like The Office and 30 Rock

DUDE! You are THE MAN! That NBC.com site is awesome and those shows are crystal clear on 3G!!! Here is the direct link for anyone viewing this site on their iPhone now: http://m.nbc.com/fullepisodes.shtml

Ignore the 3click.tv site. You have to pay money to subscribe and view any of their shows. Screw that!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods