Well I tried the MMS "hack" using the different .ipcc file that's out there and followed the rest of the instructions. It appears I must have the MMS opt-out switch on because even though I could attempt to send a MMS it wouldn't go through.

Here's the problem. I want to go back to the old carrier file the one that came with my 3GS, and I don't know what to search for to find it. Help?

The reason I want to go back? I did two things to my iPhone today, tried this hack and downloaded Tap Tap Revenge. After I played Tap Tap once I charged my phone to 100%. Pulled it off the charger and its like the battery is bleeding juice. I have never seen the battery drain this fast since I've had the phone. I'm deleting Tap Tap and I want to go back to the old carrier file and see if this changes anything. I have lost 10% of battery in 15minutes without touching the phone, wi-fi on, bluetooth off.
    07-07-2009 04:56 PM
    well for one i dont think the mms hack works one the 3gs, its only for the 3g.

you can always restore it with itunes and then use it like normal...that should work
    07-07-2009 05:19 PM
    And it you restore the MMS hack will still stay on the iPhone. You have to file the old IPCC file you had.
    07-07-2009 05:44 PM
    cant you just remove the profile?

i believe its it settings>general, correct me if im not :P
    07-07-2009 11:04 PM
    I actually found the 4.0 carrier profile posted by Tramain on another thread and used it successfully. As a side note I don't think it was either the carrier file or Tap Tap. I also remembered that I had used the app Loopt earlier so I opened it up and force quit the program. I have since reloaded Tap Tap and there seems to be no problem.

Whatever the case, battery life is back to normal. Interesting though I still have the tethering option listed under Network settings even with the 4.0 carrier file.
    07-08-2009 01:20 PM
    I actually found the 4.0 carrier profile posted by Tramain on another thread and used it successfully. As a side note I don't think it was either the carrier file or Tap Tap. I also remembered that I had used the app Loopt earlier so I opened it up and force quit the program. I have since reloaded Tap Tap and there seems to be no problem.

Whatever the case, battery life is back to normal. Interesting though I still have the tethering option listed under Network settings even with the 4.0 carrier file.
    GO to setting>general>Profile> And remove the profile and then try to tether by usb or bluetooth and it should go away.
    07-08-2009 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD