Moving pdf onto iPhone and reading it?

Proco2020

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Hi I hope some one can help me.

I want to be able to take a pdf from a CD ROM and put it on my iPhone and iPod touch so I can read them any time, any where but how do I do that, is there an app that I need to use or can it be done using the phones software?

Both devices are on 3.0, the phone is a 3G s if it makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
You could just email it to yourself, but I do believe there are some 3rd party apps that can work with documents, I haven't used any though so hopefully someone else will be able to fill you in on that.

Mag

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
There's several "memorystick" apps in the Appstore, these allow you to store those files on your iphone. Sadly (for me) the only way to access your iphone with these apps is through Wifi.
Obviously there's plenty of solutions if you'd jailbreak your phone, but does anyone know if theres a way one can use these memorystick apps without a wifi connection and without a jailbreak?

nickpav

May 2, 2009
Visit site
i have an app called airsharing. its amazing. like 6 bucks i think. it uses your iphone as an over the air external hard drive. you connect via wifi to your computer, transfer files. you can view/play or anything on your iphone. for example, you upload your pdf file to your iphone, and you can view it at a later date. or a song, or video. or any of the supported file types, which are a lot

ilya239

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
try Good Reader

Hi I hope some one can help me.

I want to be able to take a pdf from a CD ROM and put it on my iPhone and iPod touch so I can read them any time, any where but how do I do that, is there an app that I need to use or can it be done using the phones software?

Both devices are on 3.0, the phone is a 3G s if it makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

I've been using an app called Good Reader (costs $5), and it's excellent. It reads very large PDFs while staying responsive and not crashing. It allows arbitrary zoom, which is important for reading on a small screen. It has several ways of getting PDFs into the program including via USB cable, via wi-fi, and via web download. You can save Gmail attachments into the program. And the email support by the developer is excellent.