Removing Benm.at Tethering Profile???

foreverbfc

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello all:

I recently installed this profile for tethering and it worked great! However, I am having issues with my iPhone and now need to take it in to the A store for some servicing and need to remove this profile. I've gone into settings and have have selected the "Remove Profile" option and have received the confirmation that the profile has in fact been removed. However, when I go back into the network setting menu, the tethering option is still there and workable. I've reset my phone...reset the network setting and still no success...Anyone removed this profile?

Any help is much appreciated.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
No you can remove it on the phone go to Setting>General>Profile>Remove>Then go to tethering and try to tether and it will go away.

foreverbfc

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Went into profile...Removed it...Tried to tether and it's still working...HMMM any other thoughts? Don't really want to do a full restore.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone must not be cooperating with me!!! Not coming off!

Go to help.benm.at and download it again go to Setting>General>Network>Turn on Tethering
Then Turn tethering off
Go to setting>general>Profile>remove the profile
Go and TURN on tethering MAKE SURE YOU SELECT USB OR BLUETOOTH and it will go away.

yamahablue

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
I downloaded this a few days ago on my 3gs, it worked great the couple times that I used it but I tried today and I cant get it to work. No blue bar saying im tethering.

I tried removing it and found, like the op, that I cant. I would like to keep it on my phone but since its no longer working I would rather get rid of it. Any info on getting the tethering to work again or removing it would be appreciated. Also I did try downloading it again, didn't fix it, and I also tried what was recommended by Tramain, didn't remove it.

Thanks.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
What are you using pc/mac? And I just removed it and readded it. Go to profile remove it and turn on tethering for a second and it will go away.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm tethering right now to test it.

while tethering? I'm on PC. I tried exactly what you said in post #11 and the tethering option stays and continues to not work.

On a PC you have to go to Network Connections and disable all connections besides the iPhone.

hmm, I just noticed itunes isn't seeing the phone plugged in either.

You have to turn tethering off for it to connect.

Last edited:

yamahablue

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Sorry, I'm a newb :eek:, I restarted my PC and itunes and tethering are working again. I wasn't able to remove the Benm tethering, its working now so no need to. Thanks for your help though.

On this PC I don't have to do anything to use the Iphone as an internet connection, it automatically uses it as a broadband connection. Also I am able to start Itunes while tethering is on.

juanfgarcia

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Go to help.benm.at and download it again go to Setting>General>Network>Turn on Tethering
Then Turn tethering off
Go to setting>general>Profile>remove the profile
Go and TURN on tethering MAKE SURE YOU SELECT USB OR BLUETOOTH and it will go away.

On my iPhone 3G S I have setting>general> but i dont have "Profile". not sure what to do to remove this. Already tried restoring phone, still there. Thanks in advance for any help.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711