An alarm sounds every day with no source

RRRRRR

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I am going mad! I have a high pitched 'dee-dah, dee-dah...' alarm which sounds every day at 11.00 precisely for about 15 seconds, yet- The alarm is not set, there is nothing in my Google Calendar, 'Notifications' is turned off, I have re-booted the phone, checked 'sounds' in 'Settings', which does not have this sound set against anything, nothing is displayed on the phone when the alarm sounds, and it does not 'light up'. Can someone please help? Thanks.

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Is your phone jailbroken? I would just do a restore to see if that clears it up, although you may have to restore as a new phone which would mean all your settings would be lost.

RRRRRR

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Nope- not jailbroken

Is your phone jailbroken? I would just do a restore to see if that clears it up, although you may have to restore as a new phone which would mean all your settings would be lost.

.....thought about a restore, and think your advice is probably right, although having not done one before, worried it'll take me a year and a day to get it back as I had it.....if at all.........

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
.....thought about a restore, and think your advice is probably right, although having not done one before, worried it'll take me a year and a day to get it back as I had it.....if at all.........

You can always do a restore from a backup, but there is chance of the issues being restored back along with all your settings, but sometimes I've have done a restore from backup it has fixed issues.

chrstphr.ross

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Restores aren't too scary.

Step 1: Make sure to backup your phone (although restoring that would probably through the alarm back on your phone, but it's really just for redundancy)

Step 2: Sync all of your apps, contacts, notes, etc. that you can that way whenever you sync up your newly factory restored phone it's just a matter of syncing everything back on.

Step 3: Connect iPhone and restore to factory settings.

It's kinda unsettling, but it's either that or deal with a haunted phone (or possessed) for the rest of its life.

RRRRRR

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Restores aren't too scary.

Step 1: Make sure to backup your phone (although restoring that would probably through the alarm back on your phone, but it's really just for redundancy)

Step 2: Sync all of your apps, contacts, notes, etc. that you can that way whenever you sync up your newly factory restored phone it's just a matter of syncing everything back on.

Step 3: Connect iPhone and restore to factory settings.

It's kinda unsettling, but it's either that or deal with a haunted phone (or possessed) for the rest of its life.

OK- thanks- I'll try that- went again this morning- actually goes at 11.01..... They're out to get me....

RRRRRR

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I can imagine walking up to the Genius Bar & them asking "how can I help you?" and then you reply "My iPhone is possesed..." lol

On a seious note, I'd try the restore.

Will do- thanks! But I might be back, and with Derek Acorah. Oh, hang on- he's even scarier.....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711