Resistive Touch Screens..

btown11

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand why so many *new* phones, cough N97, are still using resistive technology. In my experience, capacitive touch screens far and away outdo resistive. Maybe it's just me, but does everyone else agree that Capacitive > Resistive?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
i feel capacitive is better but I do not have fingernails. resistive would work with fingernails capacitive does not.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Plus captive screens can have multi-touch. Correct me of I'm wrong. I use a resistive touch screen computer at my job and it's in no way , shape or form multi touch.

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
A quick google tells you that resistive can do multi touch.

However, resistive is an old concept. Nobody wants to use a stylus anymore, evidenced by the 40 million iPhone/iPod Touch users. It's for an older generation, and it's an old concept. Obsolete rather.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Resistive gives you far more precision than capacitive. It's very much personal preference. I still prefer resistive.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Think of it this way. Capactive does help with incidental touch screen touches. Plus, my wife is having a heck of a difficult time with my phone :)

silverjd

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I've just moved from Windows Mobile (Touch Diamond) to the iPhone GS, and the capacitive screen takes a little getting used to, when compared to the precision of the resistive screen. I actually did leave my index fingernail a little longer to facilitate "touch" access to the device! So far, the switch has been very positive, and I am really enjoying multi-touch! I did find the lack of precision a little trying when playing Scrabble. As an aside, when I bought my GS, I also moved from a Windows PC to a MacBook Pro.

Savio

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I prefer capacitive over resistive screens. I like the fact that they don't actually press in and for me, typing is much faster and much more accurate as well as other inputs. I think that it wouldn't be as easy to do certain swipe gestures because on capacitive it's purely just touching; with resistive, you'd have to apply pressure during the entire gesture. Although, there are phones with better resistive touch screens than others that seem to help with this.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234