Hey guys I have been reading the forums for a few weeks and I finally decided to purchase an iphone 3gs 16gig and getting rid of my Blackberry Storm. This phone is amazing especially compared to the Storm. I love the phone but have been experincing some issues with receiving calls. The phone will show anywhere from 3 to 4 bars of service but i wil not receive any calls at all. If you try callin the phone it will ring twice than go to voicemail. Now after doing some searching online i disxovered how to reboot the phone by holding the home button and the top button together for a few seconds. After doing this yesterday all of a sudden everything works great, i am receiving all of my calls even with no bars of serviCe. Now today i wake up And i have 2 voicemails with no missed calls. I try calling thE cell from my house phone and same thing As before 2 rings and right to voicmail. I reboot the phone again and it seems everything is good again. Has anybody ever heard of this? This is bringin back bad memories of my Storm and havin to pull the battery tWice a day so the phone wouldnt freeze. Any help is appreciated i really dont want to get rid of this phone it is great but i dont think its the service i think its the phone. Thanks guys
    07-04-2009 01:14 PM
    Your best bet is to go into a AT&T store and ask them to give you a new SIM card. Some other people were having issues with the SIM that came with the phone. Good luck!
    07-04-2009 01:23 PM
    Yeah you are probably right. I also received the No Sim notification a few times then it would automatically detect it. Thanks
    07-04-2009 01:49 PM
    The same thing happened to me when I first got my 3g. A new sim card did the trick for me.
    07-05-2009 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD