How to you have your home screen setup.

h4rk

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
I keep the main home screen as Apple ships except that I put "Messages" down in the dock. The next screen are apps I use ALL the time like Tweetie, BeeJive, and Pandora, then the next screen are the next most important and so on and so on.

h4rk

Feb 23, 2009
Visit site
I just wished they had a way to remove unused icons, rather than having to throw them on the last page.

There is a jailbreak solution for this, I used to jailbreak mine. It was handy because I never used stocks and I had an app that worked better than notes but in my experience the stability issues jailbreaking poses outweigh the benefits of having a couple of apps that Apple doesn't approve.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
There is a jailbreak solution for this, I used to jailbreak mine. It was handy because I never used stocks and I had an app that worked better than notes but in my experience the stability issues jailbreaking poses outweigh the benefits of having a couple of apps that Apple doesn't approve.

What stability issues are there? I got my 1st gen when the IPhone first hit, ofcourse we didn't have them here in Canada so that phone was unlocked and Jailbroken since day one and still that way today in use. I've only ever had the phone freeze on me in the 2 or 3 years two or three times and no other stability issues. My current 3G is Jailbroken so I can turn off the 3G and Edge networks because I bought the phone outright so I don't have the expensive data plans so I only use Wifi. Again no stability issues.

Tramain
Dial4now is a program that will dial one number that you program when you hit the app so it makes it alot easier to dial when you don't have time to go through the different screens of the phone to dial a number. There are a whole bunch Dial1now and so on 4 was the first one I found and I only have one number I dial 90% of the time.

Rich

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
  • 1st Page:
    • Unchanged, completely stock
  • 2nd Page:
    • GPS apps
  • 3rd Page:
    • Productivity apps
  • 4th Page:
    • Account management (AT&T, bank, Netflix, etc.)
  • 5th Page:
    • Social networking and IM clients
  • 6th Page:
    • Networking/IT apps (Ping, remote server control, etc.)
  • 7th Page:
    • Uncategorized apps
  • 8th Page:
    • Games

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
  • 1st Page:
    • Unchanged, completely stock
  • 2nd Page:
    • GPS apps
  • 3rd Page:
    • Productivity apps
  • 4th Page:
    • Account management (AT&T, bank, Netflix, etc.)
  • 5th Page:
    • Social networking and IM clients
  • 6th Page:
    • Networking/IT apps (Ping, remote server control, etc.)
  • 7th Page:
    • Uncategorized apps
  • 8th Page:
    • Games

Very organized

IGoSlo

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I have 4 pages on my iPhone pg 1 has the app I use the most, pg2 Most frequent people I call using "call Me" pgs 3 & 4 are other Apps I use but not that important. (Except for Camera). Just haven't decided where I want to place it yet. IGoSlo

Greg Orlando

Aug 28, 2009
Visit site
I have set up my home screen in my way. It is customized according to my office work needs. So, you can understand my mailing menu and contacts menu is always in front of me.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Now that I can re-arrange my apps in Itunes I finally re-organized my home screen. I no longer have Winterboard :( it crashes my 3.1 JB so I don't have backgrounds anymore so excuse the bland lameness of the black background. I have all my everyday use apps, then I go to Social Networking, Games, Least used apps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen