ok, so i went ahead and started a new mobileme act. i figure i've got 60 days to try it out right? lol, i tried it once before and only used it for like 2 days, i thought it screwed up my email, but now i know that a yahoo business email is pretty much the culprit. my question is this, now that i've got an acct set up, is there a way to change my "name" on the acct? like go from joe@me.com to joe302@me.com? or do i have to basically start up a new acct to do this?
    07-02-2009 11:02 PM
    YOu can not change the name that you set up the MoMe account with. That is the bad news. The Good news is that you can create an Alias within that account. (ie. Account was set up as Me@me.com. Alias can be set up as Me2@me.com) When an email is sent, you can choose for it to be sent from either email address. (Me@me.com or Me2@me.com) All incoming emails will come to the same MoMe account.

You can find Aliases in MoMe in Mail=>Settings=>Preferences=>Aliases.

Just remember it is not a separate account like Gmail it is just an Alias coming to that account.
    07-03-2009 12:33 AM
    I tried to set up an alias but I guess you can't during the trial period?
    07-03-2009 01:05 AM
    No, you cannot create an alias with a trial account. If you're planning to purchase MobileMe, I recommend getting a new account with the name you want. You cannot send email from your iPhone under an alias.
    07-03-2009 03:21 AM
    No, you cannot create an alias with a trial account. If you're planning to purchase MobileMe, I recommend getting a new account with the name you want. You cannot send email from your iPhone under an alias.
    Yea just cancel that account and make a new one.
    07-03-2009 06:59 AM
    thanks for all the help guys! i went ahead and just cancelled that acct and created a new one.
    07-04-2009 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD