Do you use the spotlight search feature?

Do you use spotlight search?

• Yes

Votes: 49 32.9%
  • No

Votes: 73 49.0%
  • Not yet, but I plan to.

Votes: 27 18.1%

• Total voters

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Simple question: do you use spotlight search?

I haven't started using it yet, bit I planning on loading a few more pages of apps to see of it makes things easier.

Chris

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
That is actually the first feature I used when I was on the 3.0 beta! I find it to be invaluable. That's one of the first things I wished were on the 3G when I first bought it.

ryrycalguy

Jul 14, 2008
twitter.com
I think I would only use spotlight for contacts and because of that I use voice control more. Especially if the rumors are true about voice control working through bluetooth headsets, then I'm all set!

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
I actually wish I could just disable the spotlight feature. It annoys me when I accidentally scroll into it and have to scroll back out.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Since i own a Pre for now along with iphone 3gs, i use U-search a lot. Flip open KB, start typing, phone number pops up.

On the iphone, i can't say i'm using spotlight in that manner. Not that spotlight isn't great for it but because its not as easy or quick to start using as the Pre's is. Probably because of the KB. On the iphone, I've used voice control or go to phone app and hit favorites or recent calls. It just depends if the person i'm calling isn't already in favorites.

If i tried to use the Pre in the way i use the iphone, it'd be slow going. The Pre phone app is crap. Scrolling through contacts (that takes long to open) that has facebook mixed in would be even slower.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Nope I don't use it because it's exactly what you said. On the Pre you slide open the keyboard, which is your only text input method so naturally you'd be doing this anyway. That's the advantage here.

I don't use universal search because I don't have 180 apps, it's quicker to just select one and I've gotten so used to going in by artist on the iPod I don't need it there.

I did use it once to find an email and it worked, but for calling I use voice controls.. It's just not that useful without a fast hardware control to launch it automatically.

bmfan#IM

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I tried it once just for the heck of it, I guess I don't have enough data on my phone for a search to be useful. I don't even use the search on my computer...

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
I use it religiously! My home page is exactly how Apple sets it up and the rest of my apps are in alphabetical order because that's how iTunes syncs them over. I use spotlight search for everything. I love it.

nickpav

May 2, 2009
Visit site
I don't. I find it to be an annoyance. It's like an unneeded (for me) feature that just gets in the way sometimes. I only have 4 pages of apps and they're organized very well. I know were everything is. It's easier to just swipe and find them as opposed to typing it in. I wish you could disable it

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I use it, both on the mac and now the iPhone. After a certain data threshold is reached, search becomes a faster option that manually navigating hierarchical structures.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh