Is it possible with the iPhone? It's far from a deal breaker for me, but would definitely be a positive. I ended up having to do that tonight while on the phone with TMo tech support b/c of reception issues *sigh*
    07-02-2009 03:40 AM
    Yes, you can talk on the phone and send SMS messages at the same time.
    07-02-2009 08:42 AM
    I've experienced a lot of problems with it though, if I send more than 2-3 texts while on a call, it drops. So be careful with it, but it's nice to be able to do it!
    I've never had a issue like that. You may want to contact AT&T if that problem continues for you.
    07-02-2009 09:08 AM
    I've never had a issue like that. You may want to contact AT&T if that problem continues for you.
    Same here I have never had a dropped call.
    07-02-2009 09:09 AM
    Thanks guys

And sorry that I posted it in the wrong forum >_<
    07-02-2009 09:20 AM
    I can understand texting during a call for a couple of reasons
    1) Like the OP said, sending one to tech support (at their request) while on the phone with tech support
    2) Sending something to the person your on the phone with

Anything else just seems rude.
    07-02-2009 09:50 AM
    Same here I have never had a dropped call.
    Really? Since joining AT&T last friday to grab up my iPhone, the only problem I've noticed is that it totally drops at least 1 call a day for me if I'm talking on the phone for more than 3 minutes or so. Sometimes it drops more than 1, even in good coverage areas. What's the deal with this issue??
    07-02-2009 10:40 AM
    Really? Since joining AT&T last friday to grab up my iPhone, the only problem I've noticed is that it totally drops at least 1 call a day for me if I'm talking on the phone for more than 3 minutes or so. Sometimes it drops more than 1, even in good coverage areas. What's the deal with this issue??
    Nope not one dropped call.
    07-02-2009 10:58 AM
    I don't have any dropped call issues and even with MMS I've never had a call dropped from sending messages while on the phone.

BTW I talk on speakerphone a lot and when trying to contact multiple friends it's not that rude to text while on the phone..
    07-02-2009 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD