I updated to 3.0 on my Iphone and have the free memory app. If I go into Safari then go into another app, Safari is still running in the Free Memory App. How do I close Safari down? I know the old way was to hold down the home button for 6 secs and that always worked, but I can't figure this out. I tried holding the top button til the slide came on the screen then held the home button to get back, but that did nothing either. Thank for the help!

07-01-2009 09:46 PM
    1. Hold down the sleep/wake button until the "slide to power off" slider comes up.

2. Release the sleep/wake button and hold down the home button for about five or six seconds and the home screen should pop up.
    07-01-2009 10:01 PM
    1. Hold down the sleep/wake button until the "slide to power off" slider comes up.

2. Release the sleep/wake button and hold down the home button for about five or six seconds and the home screen should pop up.
    You can do that or you can click the tabs button in the bottom right corner and close all open tabs/windows. If there is only a blank tab when you close safari...it will close down completely.
    07-01-2009 10:07 PM
    You can do that or you can click the tabs button in the bottom right corner and close all open tabs/windows. If there is only a blank tab when you close safari...it will close down completely.
    That makes sense! Nice feature for them to implement because it doesn't need to run with no pages open. Thanks for the info.
    07-01-2009 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD