Anyone else experiencing this? It seems totally random, but they all go. It's not after a reset, cause I haven't even done a reset since getting the 3GS set up. But my parents called tonight, and the default ringer played. So I looked, and all my carefully set custom ringtones were now back to Default.
    07-01-2009 09:40 PM
    Hmm... this only happens to me when I do a restore or need to delete my MobileMe account and re-add it when it decided it wants to be @mac.
    07-01-2009 10:16 PM
    This happens to me every time I have to restore my iPhone.
    What I did is just plug the iPhone in and go to Ringtones tab, make sure sync all ringtones is checked and it should work.
    07-01-2009 10:42 PM
    Hmm... this only happens to me when I do a restore or need to delete my MobileMe account and re-add it when it decided it wants to be @mac.
    when it asks, tell it to keep the contacts and such. When you set up the new account and tell it to sync contacts it will ask what to do with the contacts on the phone...tell it to merge with mobileme.
    07-01-2009 11:42 PM
    The ringtones are still sync'd to the iPhone, they're just not attached to the contact to whom I assigned them initially. Everyone just returns to default.

Weird.
    07-02-2009 09:11 AM
    when it asks, tell it to keep the contacts and such. When you set up the new account and tell it to sync contacts it will ask what to do with the contacts on the phone...tell it to merge with mobileme.
    oh cool, thanks
    07-02-2009 02:10 PM
    Did you modify the Contacts at all?
    07-02-2009 07:50 PM
    Nope. Didn't do nuthin'.
    07-02-2009 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD