How to delete email addresses that aren't

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
In your contacts ?!

Here's an example :

You see how when i press the letter K That email address shows up even tho its not saved to a contact but it was saved in my phone because i emailed it once? I want to know how to delete emails like that.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I just googles it and people said you have to restore your iPhone as a new iPhone or delete the contact and delete it from your email.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
In your contacts ?!

Here's an example :

You see how when i press the letter K That email address shows up even tho its not saved to a contact but it was saved in my phone because i emailed it once? I want to know how to delete emails like that.

You should be able to clear your safari cache and that should do the trick. Don't ask me why but it works.

rossmon1

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't work for me either. after searching the web, I haven't been able to find a solution to this annoying problem other than doing a backup/restore. Probably, if you jailbreak the ip u can get to the file that caches this info and blast it, even edit it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I had the same problem and tried the same methods as well as a few others and nothing worked. Then I Jailbroke and it is possible but only if your phone is Jailbroken. You will need Bossprefs and an add on ABRecentCleanup Bossprefs from Cydia. I searched forever to find the answer to your question and there is no way with a regular phone. Once I was jailbroken bam there it was.

Dman3

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem and tried the same methods as well as a few others and nothing worked. Then I Jailbroke and it is possible but only if your phone is Jailbroken. You will need Bossprefs and an add on ABRecentCleanup Bossprefs from Cydia. I searched forever to find the answer to your question and there is no way with a regular phone. Once I was jailbroken bam there it was.

Yeah, the jailbroken 3g, download bossprefs, then the adding ABRrecentdelete, or something like that, there is only 1. But yeah it will clear all those annoying auto fill emails that you replied to buying stuff or whatever. Thanks alot man!

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, I have asked this before on this list somewhere. I know simply deleting it as a contact DOES NOT work. I think it is a list of either emails in your contacts or emails you have sent to before. I know in windows (Outlook) you simply hit the delete key. :)

bluebomberx

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Try cleaning the previous recipients list in Mail on your Mac. It's in the the menu bar > Window > Previous Recipients and then sync your phone.

Quintus

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Damn....does not appear that this problem was fixed in iOS 5. How difficult can it be to give us access to this list!!!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2