Hi Guys
    I just got my first iphone last weekend. It is a 16GB iphone 3GS. I moved from blackberry storm. Could not stand the phone anymore. Anyways, i have a question about the push feature of mail. May be blackberry spoiled me, but even if i have my mail set up as "Push" from the server, i am noticing some lag when i receive a mail (as much as 5-10 minutes). Is that normal or are there any other settings that I can use?
    Thanks for your help
    Oh and btw, this phone rocks. I can't believe how fast and smooth the OS is.
    06-30-2009 04:32 PM
    assuming you are not receiving email from an Enterprise server or using MobileMe, then lag is normal. what email do you use? Yahoo? Gmail?

my understanding is that the iPhone is not a true "push" email device without help from Exchange or MobileMe. more of a 'pull' at timed increments. it retrieves from the server based on your retrieval settings on iPhone like every few minutes to every hour.

i've just started reading about a product called Mail2Web that may be a solution. not sure if it's free or what all is involved until i research it more myself. just wanted to throw it out there.
    06-30-2009 04:44 PM
    update: not free. $4.95/month with a 60-day free trial.
    06-30-2009 04:46 PM
    Hi Guys
    I just got my first iphone last weekend. It is a 16GB iphone 3GS. I moved from blackberry storm. Could not stand the phone anymore. Anyways, i have a question about the push feature of mail. May be blackberry spoiled me, but even if i have my mail set up as "Push" from the server, i am noticing some lag when i receive a mail (as much as 5-10 minutes). Is that normal or are there any other settings that I can use?
    Thanks for your help
    Oh and btw, this phone rocks. I can't believe how fast and smooth the OS is.
    thats about the only drawback to the iphone, you wont get push like you did with blackberry. but thats what berry's are all about, that email. some services will push, like yahoo, but my exp has been that its hit or miss on if and when it gets pushed. mobile me is supposed to work well though.
    06-30-2009 04:49 PM
    assuming you are not receiving email from an Enterprise server or using MobileMe, then lag is normal. what email do you use? Yahoo? Gmail?
    yeah i use gmail. oh well, i think i can live with this lag given that everything other than email (and battery performance) is phenomenal.
    07-01-2009 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD