What Would You Like to See in the iPhone 3.1 Software?

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I think the title says it all.
What kind of fixes/tweaks/improvements/etc... would you like to see in the next OS update?

First off, for us AT&T users, lets hope that they surprise us with enabling MMS.
As far as improvements/fixes:
- Theres some lag when initially switching over to "Spotlight", but after the first flip over, you can flip back and forth freely.
- Don't know if theres just an overload on apples servers or what, but the app store has been super slow ever since I put 3.0 on. Takes forever for it to check for updates, and to search through the store.
- Battery life seems to have gotten worse for me. I used to only have to charge it every night, but lately I've had to charge it once sometime through the day.
- And of course, making it more snappier is always welcome.

Perhaps even future releases:
- I would like the ability to reply back to a text without having to leave the app that I am in. I often click close when I get a text because if I close what I am doing, I would lose stuff. And in return, since when you click close it acts like you read it, when I leave the app or get sidetracked, I forget someone had texted me.
So I propose a modified version of the text app, with the ability to reply back and send without leaving what you were already doing.

What are the bug fixes you need addressed...?
Or minor tweaks you'd like to see...?

Last edited:

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
I'd like to be able to charge the phone using the dock. I like to set it there and use the remote app while I'm doing stuff on my desktop, & it was something the 2G did without a hitch.

3seven1

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
I would like the ability to reply back to a text without having to leave the app that I am in. I often click close when I get a text because if I close what I am doing, I would loose stuff. And in return, since when you click close it acts like you read it, when I leave the app or get sidetracked, I forget someone had texted me. So I propose a modified version of the text app, with the ability to reply back and send without leaving what you were already doing.

co-sign, this would be a great change.

btown11

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
MMS won't be released in an app update, just a carrier file update. The files for MMS are already included in 3.0, it just needs a valid carrier file.

Personally, I would like to see stability increase, more text message alerts (custom even?), and better notification handling. If any of those actually happen, I will have died and gone to heaven.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Custom alerts.
Multiple photo attachments via email(i thought they announced this)
Wireless sync via bluetooth or wifi. I like living a cordless world :cool:

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Custom alerts.
Multiple photo attachments via email(i thought they announced this)
Wireless sync via bluetooth or wifi. I like living a cordless world :cool:

You can do this!
Just go to your photo album, select that arrow button on the bottom left, then click multiple photos and "share".

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
I'd like to be able to charge the phone using the dock. I like to set it there and use the remote app while I'm doing stuff on my desktop, & it was something the 2G did without a hitch.

The 3GS will not charge on a dock? Or 3.0 does not allow dock charging?

lordzod01

Oct 11, 2008
Visit site
I would love to have location services working like in 2.2.1.

My gps is cr@p now with 3.0, i need to be stood in the middle of a freakin field befor it finds me..

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
What I would like to see and what I'm guessing we'll see are both different.

What I want is notifications like the Pre.

What I'm going to get is bug fixes (ie. 3rd party apps changing to other icons)

I remember this happening back with the 2G.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Fix MobileMe's dreadful web mail system.. I'm so sick of it "restarting" "refreshing" after I've completed a 500 word email with attachments.. hire google or something.

Oops.. we are talking about iPhone OS.. sorry

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I just returned a Palm Pre, had it for 3 weeks. Apple should really consider buying Palm. webOS integrated into the iPhone platform would be killer.

Apple likes to make money, Palm doubled it's losses last quater (pre pre though). I read somewhere someone suggesting Dell buy them, which makes sense.

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
Deeeeaaaarrrr Santa.....

1.) Wireless Sync with iTunes (via wifi or bluetooth)
2.) Bluetooth Keyboard support for the iGo Stowaway keyboard.
3.) VNC-like access of (to) the iPhone from the desktop.
4.) iTunes management of iPhone icon layout.
5.) Ability to Sync MobileMe to Outlook that's on an Exchange Server.
6.) iDisk access from the iPhone
7.) True Notes syncing
8.) Ability to manage MobileMe pictures from the iPhone. (Windows users can't publish with iPhoto ya know...)
9.) Instant SMS reply without having to leave your application.
10.) Fast BT and Wifi toggling similar to the Jailbreak capability by swiping the status bar at the top of the screen.

nuff? Or should I keep going?

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Here's what I'd honestly like to see:

I synch my iPhone with my Macbook and my Dell using MobileMe. Works like a champ, but I wish I could synch Windows Live Contacts and Windows Live Mail on Windows instead of just Outlook and such. I wonder if that is a relevant to the thread... but I'd still like to see it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal