hey guys I'm new here so this is my first post.

i have a jailbrocked iphone, (i dont know how it was jailbrocken, but it had cydia and installer, in the phone when i bought it, and i don't know whick software i had previously) and after updating it to the 3.0 software, itunes says "there is a problem with your iphone, we are sorry but we cannot recorgnize the iphone you have connected and the service cannot be activated. we recomend to visit the closest apple store to obtain more information". and on my iphone screen it says slide for emergency and in the background the picture with the usb cable to connect to itunes. i'm kinda scared because i couldn't find any other posts describing this problem or how to solve it.
    i've read about the unknown problem (-4) but i tried their solution but didnt work.
    please reply, because i love my phone and now it is literaly dead.

PS. sorry for my english
    06-28-2009 01:42 PM
    Was your phone unlocked prior to updating to 3.0?

If so you locked it again by updating... and you probably are not on a supported iPhone carrier... so you will have to unlock it again.
    06-28-2009 03:11 PM
    if you mean unlocking is that i can use i with any phone company, yea it was. i dont know how it was done, though. and how can i unlock it again if i cant use it. can that be done?
    06-28-2009 03:30 PM
    if you mean unlocking is that i can use i with any phone company, yea it was. i dont know how it was done, though. and how can i unlock it again if i cant use it. can that be done?
    You have to jailbreak first and then download ultrasn0w from cydia if you have a iPhone 3G follow these directions http://www.theiphoneblog.com/2009/06...ion/#more-9539
    06-28-2009 03:36 PM
    thanks for your help guys it worked just fine, i had a little trouble finding where to put the new repo, but after playing around a little i found it, so thanks again.
    06-29-2009 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD