Disable Unlock screen

edwinbradford

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

Apologies that my first post is a request for help and not an intro so hey, Hi all ;)

OK so I have a new (used) 2G iPhone, unlocked and jailbroken. That was a nightmare trying to unlock OS 2.x for a day until Redsn0w came out and worked first time no problems with OS 3.0 which I now run of course.

I bought this phone primarily to use as a Japanese dictionary, I've installed the apps and there are some good online ones. With my old PDA I turned it on and bam, its ready to go. With the iPhone its turn it on and "slide to unlock"!*. Please understand that when I'm studying I can be turning it on and off several times an hour, that's a lot of "slide to unlock". Unfortunately googling for anything with "iPhone" and "unlock" just gives you the inevitable unlocking your phone results.

Does anyone know of a way to either disable slide to unlock when the iPhone awakes or have any suggestions for a work around if that's not possible? The next best thing I've read would be to separate out the auto lock setting from the dim light setting and just leave the phone on for longer with the light dimmed but as that appears to involve extended preferences (shudder) I don't want to attempt it until someone can direct me to the method that's compatible with OS 3.0.

A big thanks to all the helpful members of the community here.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
At the end of the day the answer is no. Once you turn the iPhone off on your own (if you set auto lock to off) once you turn it back on you will have to slid to unlock.

edwinbradford

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks everyone, looks like there's room for a kind developer to write an app here, there are going to be lots of other people like me out there. I'm quite happy just switching the iPhone on and off with the sleep button, its that slide to unlock extra step that feels unnecessary.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2