Possible Lawsuit against AT&T iPhone? Any Attorneys?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I know a lot of people were having their phones unlocked after so long. I don't know the exact stipulations, but I'm assuming you have to have the phone and pay off the subsidy before they'll allow you.

I know a lot of blackberry users will call and say they need an unlock code and AT&T sends it in an e-mail.

I've also seen around HoFo if you tell them you are going overseas and need an unlock code to be able to pop a foreign SIM in your phone for a limited time, they will also give you an unlock code for that.

I'm assuming it depends on the agreement between AT&T and the manufacturer. So perhaps Apple just does not want to allow that to happen.

You don't even need to pay the subsidy off to get it.

Last edited:

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Okay, we're slowing getting closer and closer to what the OP wants to hear. So who's just going to come out with it and tell him how to unlock it? :D

That answer could have come sooner, but you didn't post any links. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
That answer could have come sooner, but you didn't post any links. ;)

Or they could use a great little feature called the search button... :)

And regarding all of this lawsuit talk, which is just absolutely insane, people know up front they are going with AT&T and in the US the phone technically only works with AT&T (or at least to get the full potential out of it) so what's the problem... seriously. And if that's not good enough, unlock it like I said.

Last edited:

btown11

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
when you get a new mortgage for your house, the old bank doesn't have to give you the new banks' phone number. simply put, you're allowed to unlock the iPhone and use it on a different network, but they don't have to tell you how. besides, it's well known by now there is no "unlock code" with the iPhone -- it has to be software unlocked.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
AT&T has no obligation under the law or anything else to unlock your iPhone, BB, Razr, Propel, Jack, Tilt, etc. The codes are also supplied by the phone manufacturer's as far as I've heard, so it's likely Apple doesn't even give them to AT&T.

There is nothing that can stop you from unlocking it yourself. No matter what Apple or AT&T say unlocking your cell phone yourself is 100% legal, they just don't have to help you do it.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
Just a little thought I was pondering.

What if unlocking the iPhone, already mentioned as being a software unlock, is considered to be in violation of the EULA (End User License Agreement) of the device? Whereas the software unlock may have come from someone reverse engineering the OS.

Hmmm. Like I said, just wondering.

Christinme7890

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
yeah i don't think you ahve a case. Just unlock it yourself and don't worry about it. ATT is not exactly the greatest company in the world. Nto to mention you are buying the phone but that doesn't mean you can use it however you want. It is still a product of a company.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW