What do you expect from the next generation of iPhone???

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
A new design.
A indicator light when we have a message waiting.
Multitasking.

I think these are legitimate desire's. Nothing too fancy.

Yup. That's pretty much all I would want too, but I also want a front-facing camera for blogging, but that does help make a good place for the indicator light.

UTVOL06

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Yup. That's pretty much all I would want too, but I also want a front-facing camera for blogging, but that does help make a good place for the indicator light.

Sorry but the iPhone has had the same screen past three generations. Apple needs to up the quality atleast to compete with the latest WM devices with WVGA screens.

A 3.8-4.0" OLED with 420P HD atleast is a must. Full multitasking is a must too. Otherwise Apple will get left behind by the time 2010 comes around with more devices from other companies.

idea for the indicator light could be a glowing apple logo on the back of the phone. slow flashing when you have a message and off when no message. Ofcourse you would need a seethrough case cover or go naked for it to be usefull.

Last edited:

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
idea for the indicator light could be a glowing apple logo on the back of the phone. slow flashing when you have a message and off when no message. Ofcourse you would need a seethrough case cover or go naked for it to be usefull.

If there was a glowing apple logo, I wouldn't want it to be the indicator light.
That would get really annoying, fast. Plus you generally place your phone facing up, so if a text or phone call comes, you can see who it is.
Also, like you said, what if theres a case on it.

There should just be a small light next to the UPCOMING front-facing camera. :)

canamera

May 23, 2009
Visit site
I don't understand what is the big deal with the camera??

2-3mp is more than enough for a phone camera. The fact that it has more megapixels does not make it a better picture. The size of the lens is the problem with most cameras on phones. Besides, 3mp is enough to develope into a 4x6 snapshot, and how many of us actually develop our phone pics???? Most of the time they are just used to post pics on facebook, twitter etc. etc...

After reading this thread, I think that most of us are just being too picky now. Everyone, including myself, would like a "superphone" to play with, but, we need to remember that Apple gave us the Iphone, and I'm sure they'll improve it with due time. For now, I think I'll just enjoy it the way it is, 'cause it is the best phone in the market, (my opinon).

kpurcell

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Please god no front facing camera,

i think every country should wise up and ban front facing camera's on any mobile device.

i've seen enough stupidity with them to realize what a bad idea it was and who ever came up with it should be shot.

put it on a phone thats popular with teens as well.. great. all we need is for jonny to be trying to vid cam cyber with his girl while he's on his way to school....

I had a Samsung Q1 for a while a year ago and they had both front and rear. That would be cool.

kpurcell

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
what do you expect from the 4th gen iphone?
i want
  • oled screen
  • faster processor
  • front facing cam (2 mp)
  • 5 mp camera on back with flash
  • flash
  • wireless n
  • more ram :)
  • change the design
  • app approval to get better/faster
  • bigger screen
  • better resolution
  • multitasking
  • better battery life

Of all of these, I would rank them...
1. Mutlitasking
2. 2 day batter life with heavy use
3. 5 MP Camera with on phone cropping and simple editing like contrast, brightness, and color correction

Add to that ...
Open phone up to Verizon/Sprint and ability to bluetooth a keyboard (wait, that last one might exist ... does it?)

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
Am I the only one that DOESN'T want a new design?

I mean, changing the back from sleek to matte is fine, but I like the way the iphone is built, it works well, and I really like the fact that my 3G cases all fit my 3G S perfectly and I didn't have to spend a butt load more money for cases this time around.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Since we're talking hardware (because most software updates are available to all models of the phone, don't know how long they'll keep that up though) I'd have to say of course more memory and storage and faster processor speed, not too sure about the longevity of OLED screens yet so none of that for me thanks, I also vote "huh?" on the front-facing camera (just not enough other folks with front-facing cameras to justify it yet plus networks don't support the whole video chat thing--maybe in 2012 or so), I did like the "leak" about a grippy rubber finish and extra color choices to go with the new finish would be spectacular, I also hope the existing form is maintained for a few generations (along with the 30-pin connector) so that my accessories continue to work with the phone, and last on my list would be to keep most everything else the same! 

Christinme7890

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I love the design of hte iphone. It is small enough that it fits comfortably in the pockets and yet big enough that if you drop it you don't lose it. I would love to see the screen encompass the whole front of the iphone. The center button should be placed on the top or side of the phone. I'd like to see double the processor speed as well as double the ram. I would like to have a front facing camera for video conferencing...i think video conferencing is the next big thing. I would like to see multitasking but I would want it to be handled smartly. There needs to be a limit to how many apps can be open and apple needs to limit it. Four apps seems to be a good number. Games and memory extensive apps won't let you open it if you have any other apps open. But the phone will close the apps for you (except itunes and other apps). I would like to see a multicolored LED light on the outside that can flash hundreds of colors to let a person know of certain events (ex. Green for message, red for missed call, blue for voicemail, orange for email, etc). I would love to have my phone sync with itunes wirelessly (whether by bluetooth or wifi). Autofocus while recording (as in while I am recording video I can tap the screen to have it autofocus). Faster wifi technology.

AND A NEW CELL CARRIER...SCREW YOU ATT

UTVOL06

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
What would be sweet is a scratch resistant screen. ideally crystal quartz would be excellent.

I'd say the #1 thing on my list would be a larger higher resolution screen with a higher color count.

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
All you guys saying WTF to front facing camera; I don't want it for video calling, I want it for blogging!

And I firmly believe that if apple introduced that and HD recording, the iPhone would be the best video recording device on the market (for those who like the flip HD or Sony webbie).

vanishingvision7

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
I love the current form of the phone.
Maybe different material but keep the shape.
Fit's in my pocket nicely with mophie on it 24/7 of course.

Only one thing, storage. Other than that, I am happy with not having multiple apps running and all that crap.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I love the current form of the phone.
Maybe different material but keep the shape.
Fit's in my pocket nicely with mophie on it 24/7 of course.

Only one thing, storage. Other than that, I am happy with not having multiple apps running and all that crap.

I like the different material idea. I want them to develop some sort of polycarbonate matte shell which strongly resembles aluminum and make a slightly hard edge on the sides to match the MacBook Pros but not hard enough to make current cases and accessories rendered useless.. With of course a glowing white apple ha ha..

I think without a case the iPhone is too thin to fit snugly in a pocket, and I wear incredibly tight DKNY jeans.. It just falls right to the bottom and moves around all day. I got a thick ass silicone case with a shnit load of nubs on the back to prevent this from happening :p

Goldentree

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
A front facing camera would be nice for video conferencing, but since that isn't really even possible right now, they could probably just add a small LDC panel on the back of the phone that you can toggle on/off for taking pics of yourself. That would be cheaper and more space efficient. Even my tiny little cheap-ass Nokia flip phone from a few years back had that.

The_strain

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
Realistically

Higher Res Screen
Different Design
"Expose" or "Spaces"
4mp Camera
800mhz processor 512mb Ram

Flash would ruin design unless the apple logo is used as it which seems dumb.
Wireless n? Umm no there is no need wireless N is completely unnecessary if the phone can't go that fast. :D

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
A front facing camera would be nice for video conferencing, but since that isn't really even possible right now, they could probably just add a small LDC panel on the back of the phone that you can toggle on/off for taking pics of yourself. That would be cheaper and more space efficient. Even my tiny little cheap-ass Nokia flip phone from a few years back had that.

That would be so ugly...I couldn't even begin to explain.

Goldentree

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Well, I guess I'd prefer that Apple starts considering function and competitive features and pricing rather that purely slick looks. But I guess that would be against their business model.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I love my phone as is and wouldn't give it up.

But for the sake of the thread, my picks are:

* led indicator
* multitasking for 3rd party apps (with a limit of how many)
* xenon flash (I don't need the crappy flash on these U.S. smartphones)

Last edited:

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
?Same design but different material
?More multi-tasking
?Slightly better camera with flash
?Gotta be a lil bit faster
?Front facing camera for video chat

Trending Posts

Forum statistics