Dust under my screen?!

Mushy2012

May 13, 2009
Visit site
I've just noticed a couple specks of dust under my new 3GS screen. They are only really visible in the sun with the screen turned off. I didnt even notice them for the first few days. Is this fairly common or should I try to exchange it? It seems from reading other forums that this is a fairly common issue and chances are good the replacement could be worse (plus I just noticed my iPod Touch screen has some as well). I just thought I would get the opinion of y'all...

PSM

May 30, 2005
headsetchatter.com
After a lot of use my 3G had a lot of dust under the screen, but I don't think it came that way. Haven't noticed any on my 3GS yet.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
You should see my brother's iPhone. He owns a pizza shop, so he works with a crap load of flower. In just 3 months, there's a LOT of white flower particles inside his screen.

bruce.abbott

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
They'll likely just swap it out. There is a rubber gasket between the silver bezel and screen that you can barely see. It should be pretty difficult for dust to get under the screen unless it was there in the first place or the gasket is broken/worn out from use.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR