Interested in iPhone, but price a concern

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
First off, I am an VZW, so that gives me a reason to hold off.

I love the look and feel of the phone, but at $199, its a little more than I can justify spending and since the Bing cashback deal doesn't work, that doesn't help my decision.

Yes, I know I could get a $99 iPhone, but if I am going to drop one of my 3 lines of service with VZW, it needs to be worth it and last years tech won't quite do it.

Plus, with VZW, I can charge phones to my account (business line) and I don't think AT&T would be too excited to do that for a new activation. I do have a corporate discount with both carrriers.

Bottom line: want it, but don't need it. I have a 6 month old Touch Pro, so its kinda hard to justify. Any thoughts?

thinkTwice

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
First off, I am an VZW, so that gives me a reason to hold off.

I love the look and feel of the phone, but at $199, its a little more than I can justify spending and since the Bing cashback deal doesn't work, that doesn't help my decision.

Bottom line: want it, but don't need it. I have a 6 month old Touch Pro, so its kinda hard to justify. Any thoughts?

I switched over from VZW on a LG Voyager. The service isn't as good, but I can live with it- it's not like I don't have service. If you don't feel comfortable, I'd just wait until later. If you're not concerned with the monthly bill (don't know anything about the smartphone monthly bills on VZW) and the $199 in throwing you off, maybe you could sell the Touch Pro and use that toward the $199.

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I switched over from VZW on a LG Voyager. The service isn't as good, but I can live with it- it's not like I don't have service. If you don't feel comfortable, I'd just wait until later. If you're not concerned with the monthly bill (don't know anything about the smartphone monthly bills on VZW) and the $199 in throwing you off, maybe you could sell the Touch Pro and use that toward the $199.

The service isn't as good? Where are you located.

I get a corporate discount with either company. VZW discount is better, but their phones aren't as exciting.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Good to hear. For a first time iPhone, is the 3G good enough?

I can't tell you what is and what isn't good enough for you. Totally depends on you. For me, no it's not good enough. The speed of the 3GS is something you have to see for yourself. Then you'd never go back to a normal 3G.

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
I can't tell you what is and what isn't good enough for you. Totally depends on you. For me, no it's not good enough. The speed of the 3GS is something you have to see for yourself. Then you'd never go back to a normal 3G.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.

Hmmm....sell barely used pristine iPod Nano (8G) and refurb VZW Touch Pro...and buy iPhone with profit!:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2