WOW...why did i not get a iphone sooner?

Christinme7890

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for all the post guys! i stayed up laaatttteee last night playing with the iphone.

What i am thinking of doing is selling my unlocked bod and getting a new 3g (not 3gs because of the price right now). I will have to jailbreak and unlock it also since im on tmobile.

my questions is, i will have enough to buy a brand new 2g or a brand new 3g

can you all tell me why i should get the 3g (there is no 3g in my area also) as to the 2g? one thing i love about the 2g is the aluminum case...

Thanks all
D

also..aside from ebay, where can i buy an iphone without going through at&t?

the iphone 3g is a lot faster and has better hardware. I am not sure about the iphone 3g case but I have dropped my iphone 3g many times on pavement and it still works as perfect as the first day i got it. Not to mention all the games that are coming out are more or less iphone 3g compatible. There are many games and apps that don't work for the iphone 2g.

I would recommend going through ATT if you plan on getting a calling plan through them because the phone will be a lot cheaper. Not to mention it will be new and have a warranty.

Entertainment72

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
I bought a Blackberry Bold and was showing it to all of my co-workers and bragging about how sweet it was, etc. A few days later, my wife got an iPhone. After playing on the iPhone for awhile, I went straight to AT&T and exchanged. I then got made fun of at work for talking up the Bold and then returning it. LOL!!

Very funny.. I think saying welcome to the "bright" side is more accurate but darn it welcome to the "dark" side sounds so much cooler...:D

White iPhone - welcome to the bright side
Black iPhone - welcome to the dark side.....;)

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I have owned just about every major cellphone manufacturers high end phones and I always end up coming back to the iPhone. I gave my 3G to my wife when I got my 3GS and at first she had no interest in a touch screen phone. After a day with the iPhone she is sold. It's groin grabbingly good.

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
the iphone 3g is a lot faster and has better hardware. I am not sure about the iphone 3g case but I have dropped my iphone 3g many times on pavement and it still works as perfect as the first day i got it. Not to mention all the games that are coming out are more or less iphone 3g compatible. There are many games and apps that don't work for the iphone 2g.

I would recommend going through ATT if you plan on getting a calling plan through them because the phone will be a lot cheaper. Not to mention it will be new and have a warranty.

Plus, you'll actually GET a 3G signal with ATT. TMobile has what, three areas with 3G?

rosselliot

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
I can't remember life without an iphone! I've had once since the day the first one came out. I waited in line for it and am soooooo happy I did!

maverick96

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I also switched from a Verizon curve to the new iPhone 3GS 16GB (black) I have ZERO regrets and cannot believe just how awesome this device is..I had the BB storm a couple months back and I cannot even believe anyone would even call that competition to the iPhone..Not even close...LOVE my new iPhone...:D:D

DaReaper911

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I bought a Blackberry Bold and was showing it to all of my co-workers and bragging about how sweet it was, etc. A few days later, my wife got an iPhone. After playing on the iPhone for awhile, I went straight to AT&T and exchanged. I then got made fun of at work for talking up the Bold and then returning it. LOL!!

i got the same from my friends and co-workers about leaving the storm for the iphone 3gs lol

i.wifi.u

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
still trying to find out wht's the big deal with the palm pre, my friend has it and its really simple and not wow like the superb new iphone

SphinctOr

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I got tired of trying to convert people to the iPhone.
I you don't have one...too bad for you.

And it's less Internet traffic on ATT's crappy network

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm joining the ranks on this thread. Well, my answer to the question is simple. AT&T didn't cover my area until very recently. I would have gotten one long ago if I could have.

TrueCrimeNY

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I must say, I too cannot believe I din't jumped on the iPhone ban wagon much sooner. I was a hard core windows mobile user, before purchasing my new 3GS, and couldn't believe how much nicer the iPhone is. Although a windows mobile phone allow for much more customization, it cannot beat the overall user experience of the iPhone. I can honestly say this is the closest I've come to actually feeling like I truly have a mobile computing device in my pocket.

DaReaper911

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
I must say, I too cannot believe I din't jumped on the iPhone ban wagon much sooner. I was a hard core windows mobile user, before purchasing my new 3GS, and couldn't believe how much nicer the iPhone is. Although a windows mobile phone allow for much more customization, it cannot beat the overall user experience of the iPhone. I can honestly say this is the closest I've come to actually feeling like I truly have a mobile computing device in my pocket.

Yea I too you to own those wm phones that always crashed right when I needed to use it.

fleury

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
my mom has a windows phone too and its nothing but trouble. first one crashed and now the second one is just a pain.

ardoreal

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Every Winmo phone I had, Winmo 6.1 was always running out of memory. I was particular enough to flash with custom ROM's that have minimal apps loaded and I would do a custom install list (can't remember the term) and have cabs in the device storage that would load on a fresh rom flash.

Even with ROM's tailored to memory management the phone would just run out of memory and I'd have to reboot it over time.

That and it was slow, sluggish in response time (by comparison), and just not pleasant. There's a reason Winmo is in 3rd and soon to be 4th place. It's a crap platform.

iPhone is, as Trent Reznor put it, the most modern smartphone environment out there with the exception of WebOS. WebOS is the most contemporary, but the iPhone is the most advanced with its maturity and issues worked out that Palm is still stumbling over.

I'll keep the iPhone, and look at WebOS again in a few years.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods