No MMS or Tethering Fix

Cut.n.Pasted

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys I have a simple and probably dumb question....

I have a 3G iPhone, upgraded to 3.0 OS.
Jailbroken and Unlocked with ultrasn0w.

I cant find MMS or Internet Tethering in settings like it should.

They're just not there.

Why is that?
Am I missing something?

I want to enable them... my carrier supports MMS and tethering.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
This question might be better answered in the jailbroken. Section.

As far as AT&T. Thus option has not been enabled which is why one would not see the settings. Perhaps jailbreaking or unlocking does not change this as of yet. I am sure I do not know.

beachboy808

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
You can actually download a package on you phone. If you go to help.BenM.at and download the tethering package you can tether your phone to your computer. But there is not fix for the MMS part though. You are going to have to wait a little while or that. Probably until the end of summer is what I've heard.

jeepkj457

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hey guys I have a simple and probably dumb question....

I have a 3G iPhone, upgraded to 3.0 OS.
Jailbroken and Unlocked with ultrasn0w.

I cant find MMS or Internet Tethering in settings like it should.

They're just not there.

Why is that?
Am I missing something?

I want to enable them... my carrier supports MMS and tethering.

x2. i thought it would show up after unlock but no....

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Is your carrier AT&T? If so, there are many posts on how to activate MMS and Tethering with an .ipcc file that doesn't even require Jailbreaking.

Just by using that .ipcc file will not give you MMS. It has to be activated in your at&t account as well. And at&t will not change your plan. Too many people tried that on the beta and they caught on.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Guys, if you've jailbroken your phone and want to be able to have MMS, you have to download a package from Cydia called "APN Editter". Once you install this package, you can go into Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network and edit all of the APN settings for MMS, Cellular Data, & Voicemail.

Now it just becomes an issue for finding the right APN settings for your carrier and entering them correctly.

rfg17

Aug 2, 2008
Visit site
The BenM site now has the APN settings for MMS for numerous carriers, including AT&T.
Go to help.BenM.at.

The site also allows you to download mobileconfig profiles that contain the feature settings for tethering, again for many carriers including AT&T in the US. These are files that can be downloaded over the air that carriers use to set feature bundles. They can easily be removed and don't require a JB. There are also instructions on resetting network settings in case other features, like visual voicemail are affected.

I tried it. It works.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Guys, if you've jailbroken your phone and want to be able to have MMS, you have to download a package from Cydia called "APN Editter". Once you install this package, you can go into Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network and edit all of the APN settings for MMS, Cellular Data, & Voicemail.

Now it just becomes an issue for finding the right APN settings for your carrier and entering them correctly.

Not correct... if you are on AT&T you can not do this with a iPhone messaging plan! :rolleyes:

So I will say this one more time. If you are on AT&T and currently have a iPhone messaging plan - YOU CAN NOT GET MMS WORKING VIA ANY OF THESE HACKS.

If you are on a family messaging plan then it is a different story.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Not correct... if you are on AT&T you can not do this with a iPhone messaging plan! :rolleyes:

So I will say this one more time. If you are on AT&T and currently have a iPhone messaging plan - YOU CAN NOT GET MMS WORKING VIA ANY OF THESE HACKS.

If you are on a family messaging plan then it is a different story.

I tried the family messaging and it still did not work for me. But i'll just wait.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I never said it would work to get MMS WORKING, I just told him how to enable the settings and buttons. :) That seemed to be all he wanted anyway..... PLUS, he said he is on a different carrier on an unlocked iPhone, and that this carrier supports MMS, so if his problem is only getting the toggles to enable or disable MMS, then my method allows those options to appear, which in theory should work on his carrier via his unlocked iPhone....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner