iphone makes my home router crap out

gregg37

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Hopefully I can get some help here. I have a Linksys cable modem/wireless router combo. when my iphone connects to the wireless, all is good for a short time (5-10 minutes), then all of a sudden the router seems to go crazy. The computers on the network then can't even connect and neither does the iphone.

Any ideas what to even check? Not much of a wireless network expert, so I am afraid to mess with too much without advice from you experts. :)

(by the way, I am a Palm Pre convert!)

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
That's weird, disconnect your modem and router for about ten minutes, then connect them back, first the modem then the router, In your iphone go to setting- general- reset- reset network setting..... ThAt could help.
I noticed my wifi speed is not the same after 3.0. Before it was a pretty regular 4 -5 Mbps, after 3.0 I get 2.5 at the most...
If this does not help turn off the wifi in your iphone and use your computer for a while to see if the problem can be duplicated....
Hope you figure it out

Guacho

Last edited:

shadofall

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Hopefully I can get some help here. I have a Linksys cable modem/wireless router combo. when my iphone connects to the wireless, all is good for a short time (5-10 minutes), then all of a sudden the router seems to go crazy. The computers on the network then can't even connect and neither does the iphone.

Any ideas what to even check? Not much of a wireless network expert, so I am afraid to mess with too much without advice from you experts. :)

(by the way, I am a Palm Pre convert!)

i had an old linksys once. just a wireless router. never had problems with it till i got a new laptop. and something about that laptop's wireless card just jacked over the linksys. replaced it. same think. took it back got a netgear same thing. finally broke down and bough a dlink and it works fine. so dunno what to tell ya, in my experince the linksys wireless can be finiky.

gregg37

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Thanks shado. My laptop has done this to the router once or twice in the past, but the iphone does it every time. I'll try out a dlink.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
router

Have any of you called tech support for your routers? This is one of the most bizarre (and unjustified) router problems I've ever heard about. I, too, will put in a good word for dLink quality and support.

bruce.abbott

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
See if you can change the wireless frequency the router is using. Might be too much intereference. They run on 2.4xxx Ghz meaning it can be like 2.43 2.44 2.411 and so forth. If you can't do it call your ISP and see if they can access it remotely if you have a networking service with them where they manage it for you.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro