Blackberry server email to iphone

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I'm pretty sure the answer is that this won't work, but am hoping!

My work only deploys corporate email to blackberries via a blackberry server (we use Lotus Notes).

I would *love* to be able to get my work email on my iPhone (right now I have rules in notes to forward emails from certain people to my home email and check them on my iphone that way).

Is there a way to do this? I'd even consider jailbroke as a means. This functionality would *really* make a big difference for me

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried just keying in your information under the Exchange tab?

It's not an Exchange server so the settings are different (is my understanding - I have the Exchange server setup for my home email). When I called our IT desk they said that there were security issues or something and they hadn't OK'd Exchange for the majority of the company. I'm not sure how the Blackberry push email works. Maybe I can call back and get that information and just type it in...

BlitzedATL#IM

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I don't think this can be done. I have a very similar setup and using lotus notus you will not be able to use the exchange server function. They are 2 completely different types of
environments. The only way I see you getting email to work is if they opened IMAP for you, but there will be no calendar or contacts sync with that. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
A PIN number on a Blackberry is a unique identifier that allows email and messages to be delivered to a specific Blackberry device. Kind of like an IP address for each phone.

Blackberry data works through BIS (personal) and BES (business) servers. Right now, the only way to get Blackberry data on a non-Blackberry device direct is to have a program called Blackberry Connect installed on the device. As of now, I believe that only Windows Mobile, Palm OS and Symbian OS (Nokia) can use the software.

mg48

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Jevangil is correct. Your work balckberry server requires your device to have a unique account and your company has to pay for each one. It's not like exchange, where if you have the server info and an exchange account you can sync you data. The iphone can do exchange, but it sounds like your co. wont let you. Mine doesnt either. Im stuck with my BB all week and swap my sim to the iphone for weekends.

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
A PIN number on a Blackberry is a unique identifier that allows email and messages to be delivered to a specific Blackberry device. Kind of like an IP address for each phone.

Blackberry data works through BIS (personal) and BES (business) servers. Right now, the only way to get Blackberry data on a non-Blackberry device direct is to have a program called Blackberry Connect installed on the device. As of now, I believe that only Windows Mobile, Palm OS and Symbian OS (Nokia) can use the software.

Thanks. I thought it was something like that:(

emily0605

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Jevangil is correct. Your work balckberry server requires your device to have a unique account and your company has to pay for each one. It's not like exchange, where if you have the server info and an exchange account you can sync you data. The iphone can do exchange, but it sounds like your co. wont let you. Mine doesnt either. Im stuck with my BB all week and swap my sim to the iphone for weekends.

How do you swap SIM in an Iphone?

Tommytong

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
At the top of the phone is a small hole. Use a paperclip or a thumbtack and insert it in and pull out. It should pull out the tray with the SIM in it.