Bluetooth Keyboard support?

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
Has anyone managed a bluetooth keyboard connection with their iPhone (3.0)? I've got an iGo Stowaway Bluetooth Keyboard, but the iPhone won't see it when I put it into pairing mode. I'm guessing that we're S.O.L. on it.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Yup we are SOL up a creek with that one for sure.
However some apps WILL allow use of 3rd party accessories which will be able to use bluetooth connection OR the dock connector. So there may be an SMS app or email app that enables this with an accessory.

GALRON

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
Wonder what this would take

I too have the Stowaway BT keyboard, and used it with the HTC Wizard 100 years ago. Hard to believe Apple so misses the boat with this omission.

Wonder what it would take to create this capability 3rd party? I really think this would be such a boon that I'd be willing to help fund the development of it.

Though I do a bit of VB development (aw shucks :rolleyes:), messing with the BT stack is a bit out of my league. I would be interested to know what it would take to accomplish this, though.

Ajr123#IM

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Apple has stated that this is possible but that it has to be done on an app by app basis and that the indiviual developer would have to incorperate it and test the compatibility themeselves.

kaelendra

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
I can`t wait till someone comes out with one personally even if only with a certain word suite... long as i can glance at the screen enough and type something really long i`d be happy... it`d mean i didn`t need to carry my netbook if i wanted to write some (by write i mean attempt to write a novel... bit long to do that with the darned virtual keyboard.)

TheMooch

Dec 9, 2008
Visit site
Here's what I got back from iGo.

Due to changes in the market, the Bluetooth and Infrared keyboards and mouse were discontinued 2 years ago and are no longer supported by iGo. There have been NO new drivers developed in the past 2 years. The intellectual property was sold and we no longer have the technical support staff to provide an answer to your questions. The following website link has the drivers and manuals for those devices that are supported:* iGo, Inc..
NOTES:
1.****** The iPhone and Palm Pre are not supported.
2.****** *If you have a Blackberry, select ?RIM? for the manufacturer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73