Safari won't let me delete a folder in bookmarks

cjmodiano

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I synced my bookmarks from Internet Explorer to get my webpages over. There were some needless bookmark folders that come with the browser which I deleted. But there is one folder, "Bookmarks Bar," which I cannot delete. You know how when you go to edit, and there's the lil red delete button? You know how you can't delete the "History" folder? This folder is the same way... it's empty, ugly, taking up space, and totally bothering me! How can I delete it? Anybody know? Any methods either from the iphone its self, or perhaps by editing the backup made by itunes?

Thanks, hope you can help!

cjmodiano

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I can't figure out how to delete it from IE :/ ... I hope somebody can help me get rid of this dumb glitch. The crap embedded in windows always screws stuff up for me. WMP won't work on my computer either, and I need it to stream certain media.

So does anybody know any workaround for this, by either deleting it from the phones backup, or deleting this bar from IE? I wonder if I can install an older version of IE before the bookmark bar and sync with that...

bruce.abbott

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah he's right. If you don't sync bookmarks at all, the bookmark bar will go away. Very interesting. I suppose I always thought it was "built in" because I have always sync'd my bookmarks either through itunes or over the air.

cjmodiano

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
By cancel sync, do you mean to just uncheck it in the sync options, or is there a further option to "cancel" it? I already unchecked it a while ago, but you know how iTunes backs up your phone everytime you sync. Like I never actually chose to sync my 3GS with IE, but when I restored my new toy from a backup of my 2G, there that ugly bookmark was on the top of my bookmarks selection.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
By cancel sync, do you mean to just uncheck it in the sync options, or is there a further option to "cancel" it? I already unchecked it a while ago, but you know how iTunes backs up your phone everytime you sync. Like I never actually chose to sync my 3GS with IE, but when I restored my new toy from a backup of my 2G, there that ugly bookmark was on the top of my bookmarks selection.

iTunes>Devices>Pick your iPhone>info>Go to web browser>Uncheck sync with bookmarks.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner