Not getting emails!

johnny football hero

Nov 7, 2008
Visit site
I have an iPhone 3G and updated to 3.0 on the day of release. Everything worked fine, until last night. I'm didn't receive a couple of emails and some are extremely slow to be delivered. I did restore the phone and backed up the phone. The email is still very sketchy. I don't have exchange or mobile me. I just set the phone to check every 15 minutes. Yahoo is being delivered somewhat slow, but Gmail is having the most trouble. Is it my phone? Or is it the email service itself?

johnny football hero

Nov 7, 2008
Visit site
Thank you. I did remove and re-add the emails. Seems to be somewhat better. Email on my phone is becoming more and more important for work. Makes me consider, dare I say? A Blackberry????

foster2380

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I am having these issues as well. I currently have a BB that I haven't canceled yet with Verizon. I expected the BB to get emails a bit faster, but its usually about 15 minutes faster than when I get an alert on the 3gs. Which is curious as I have push set to "on" and fetch set for "15min". Its a yahoo mailbox, I thought this was supposed to be pushed instantly now?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
From what I understand, Yahoo push isn't that reliable.

I haven't had any issues with email. I have MobileMe on push, gmail on 15min fetch, and my school email on 15min fetch.

foster2380

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I thought that the 3.0 software and Apple's servers were going to take care of any of these problems? I know its a different product but Yahoo "push" for my BB is perfectly reliable.

cobra302

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
the push email you get on your bb is completly different. with a blackberry, you are basically paying for monthly "mobileme" type service thru rim.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner