Ordered iPhone for mom but...

juKe187

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I ordered my iPhone through apple, and it arrived and I'm loving it! On the other hand my mom ordered the iPhone through att, and hasn't opened it yet and is wondering if she can give the phone to my sister who is also under our family plan with att. Is this possible without calling att? I remember with my iPhone when I was activating I entered in my number, last 4 digits of ss, and billing zip code. Can my sister just do this with her number as well? (obviously my mother and sister do not share the same number) If, however, att preactivates the iphone under my mom's number (which is posted outside of the box) then she will just keep it and we'll order another for my sister. Please let me know what options are available, thanks!

buirus

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Even if the phone was preactivated with your mom's number you can still easily have ATT switch it to your sister's. I have done this several times.

ddulaney14#IM

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
The SIM Card in the iPhone 3G S is programmed to the buyers phone number. She will need to simply plug into iTunes and activate the iPhone. Then take that SIM card out of the iPhone 3G S and place her daughter's SIM card into the iPhone 3G S. Now the SIM card that was removed from the iPhone 3G S must be placed into the mother's current phone because the account was transferred due to the iPhone activation. Just make sure you call AT&T and have the IMEI numbers corrected and and the appropriate data plans added. This is what I did, my wife's line had an upgrade and mine didn't.

Last edited:

MikeDVB

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Just activate the phone and then swap sim cards.. I did it and it worked.

Yep, just make sure to get the iPhone Data Plan switched to the new line - I called AT&T to have them do this when I did the same thing but they messed it up and I ended up with a $1200 data bill.

They told me I had to fill out some grievance form and wait a couple of weeks and I explained what had happened again. The rep called me back an hour later and told me that they were dropping the data charges because her supervisor's supervisor approved it.

Be careful :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro