Guys, I just got my 3GS with a pay as you go sim, now I want to eventually use it with another carrier once (if) the unlock comes out, but in the meantime if I activate the phone to use the o2 sim, I wont lose the ability unlock and jailbreak when the time comes will i?
    06-19-2009 12:53 PM
    Hi guys

I know this has only been posted on here for alittle while, but I really want a quick answer, as I am depserate to start playing with my new 3GS.

Got it first thing this morning, but now its just staring at me, looking all pretty and what not....but unused
    06-19-2009 02:28 PM
    Nobody knows?
    06-20-2009 06:57 AM
    Are you trying to ask once you use a sim card can you jailbreak?
    06-20-2009 07:31 AM
    Thanks for the reply, what I want to know is once I activate the phone with the sim card that it was sold to me with (UK o2 carrier) later once the jailbreak and unlock come out will I still be able to JB and unlock it?

Will activating the phone and temporarily using it with the supplied sim mean that later i wont be able to unlock and use a different carrier (network)?
    06-20-2009 07:52 AM
    I don't know that you'd be able to jailbreak/unlock it without first having activated it but I've never tried it on a non-activated phone myself.

I don't see why activating it would prevent you from doing a JB later on which would theoretically allow you to unlock it.
    06-20-2009 05:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD