Problem with key lock on new 3Gs

baneonrt

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Problem with key lock on new 3Gs - Resolved

I set up a key lock on my 3Gs this morning. It was working until just a few minutes ago. Now I can't enter 1, 2, or 3 but it will accept input from any other number and will accept input to slide to turn off the phone. So it's either just the center part of the touch screen that isn't working or something else...

Any ideas?

Steve

Last edited:

baneonrt

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Now I did a restore and before restoring a backup I tried setting up a key lock and it will let me enter any number but 1 or 2. Very odd...

Restoring the backup now.

Steve

baneonrt

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for posting in the wrong forum.

Anyway, restoring a backup removed the key lock at least. I still can't enter a new one using the numbers 1 or 2. But at least this gets me up and running for now.

Steve

baneonrt

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I better finish off this post. Turned out to be a bad touch screen. 1/4" of the entire left side and a 1/2" section in the lower middle of the screen was completely unresponsive to touch. Verified with a doodling program. Ended up making a pointless trip to the local Apple store before getting the AT&T store I bought it from to agree to exchange it. Rocking phone #2 now and working so far. Of course the first one worked for a few hours...

Steve

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro