Newbie needs help!!!

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone I am new to this forum, and hope that I can help where needed. I have the iphone 3g that i got with the AT&T plan about 4-5 months ago. Since the new iphone 3.0 update I noticed something strange, can anyone give me some input about why my emails that I have deleted from the server as well as the iphone keep showing up in my search function. Some of the emails are from 4-5 months ago! Is this a glitch that will be fixed with the next update whenever that will be:rolleyes: or will i have to live with this. Thanks in advance with the help!~Chris

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
just brain storming but do you have a deleted mail folder and it is in there?

Emptied the trash bin, emptied the trash bin online through the server and they're still showing up, try it on yours and see what happens......i have read on the actual apple forum website that numerous people are having the same problem......:eek:

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Happened to me and you have to go in your mail and go to all folders Sent Mail/Inbox and click the refresh button and it will go away.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I don't think you guys are understanding. When I use the new "search function" that came with os3.0 it shows me emails from 5 months ago that were deleted. My sent mail folder, trash bin, inbox, etc etc etc are ALL EMPTY. Even if I refresh

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I don't think you guys are understanding. When I use the new "search function" that came with os3.0 it shows me emails from 5 months ago that were deleted. My sent mail folder, trash bin, inbox, etc etc etc are ALL EMPTY. Even if I refresh

Happened to me also to on email on your phone and refresh each folder and it will work.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ok well it deleted all of the old ones, that i had deleted 4-5 monts ago....but not i just received another email deleted it, deleted it from the server, emptied both trash folders.....but yet i'm still showing only that one email in the search now......it has got to be a glitch!!!

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
ok well it deleted all of the old ones, that i had deleted 4-5 monts ago....but not i just received another email deleted it, deleted it from the server, emptied both trash folders.....but yet i'm still showing only that one email in the search now......it has got to be a glitch!!!

Remove email account and re-add.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Yeh I did and it does delete all of the old emails that aren't on the server or iphone, but that is such a hassle to do all the time......

I just go and refresh all off my folders and that worked for me but people saying that not working for them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2