Sync Issues w/ OS 3.0

cnarchet

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Ever since I updated to OS 3.0, my iPhone is having serious sync issues. When i plug it in my computer, it begins to charge but iTunes refuses to recognize the fact the fact that it's plugged in. After restarting the phone, iTunes and my computer several times, it finally begins to sync but the backup process is taking forever. I cancelled the backup process after about an hour last night. How can I fix this?

Kingdaddy

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I'm having sync problems too!! None of my music synced, and it never completes making the backup.

It also does not automatically connect to my WIFI network.

Nealf

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Corrupted data

It does take a long time to sync some times, but you may also have a corrupted file.

Also, when an iPhone is physically disconnected in the middle of syncing music or photos, it's possible that orphaned data files will be left on the iPhone or iPod touch. This can result in iTunes not being able to sync to the iPhone or iPod touch on subsequent sync sessions.

One symptom of this issue will be displayed in iTunes where the Capacity indicator for the iPhone or iPod touch will report a large amount of "Other" disk usage for the iPhone or iPod touch.

You may have to restore your iPhone. Apple support says, "Using the Restore function for your iPhone or iPod touch is part of standard troubleshooting procedure"

jscholz22

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
The sync is horrible. I sync every night(it used to take a few minutes) now when i do it it takes 30 min. plus and sometimes gets stuck at about 95% done. This is a little frustrating!

macnkat

Mar 15, 2009
Visit site
Is there any reason for this extra long syncing process? I have had 3.0 since day one and just today it started taking forever.

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Is there any reason for this extra long syncing process? I have had 3.0 since day one and just today it started taking forever.

After I updated two 3.0 I have had the fastest syncs I have ever had with 2G & 3G my average sync is like under 30 seconds/

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
If your not getting your answer here, the apple troublshooting website can be helpful

I had one issue with sycing and it had to do with the settings on the first tab when I plugged the phone in. I thought I should select manually manage my vidoes. Well it wiped all my content off the phone. So perhaps it's a settings issue

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73