App Store More Button

lostdog

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Last night, after updating to 3.0, I noticed a "more" button in the app store. I had to click this to get to Updates, as well as a couple other options. I think one was Redeem, and I don't remember the other. This morning, the more button is gone. Back to the old button layout. Anyone else see this or know what's up?

texags08

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
i had this problem as welll, now mine are in weird orders since i moved the updates button out while more was still available...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Mine is like this as well now. Would seem Apple can't decide what layout they want for the App Store on the iPhone.

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
The same thing happened to me. I did go to the edit portion of that menu (or whatever it was called) that allows you to change the order of the buttons/menus, but I didn't change anything. I'm not sure if going there caused the More to change to Updates.

Frozen001

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
The same thing happened to me. I did go to the edit portion of that menu (or whatever it was called) that allows you to change the order of the buttons/menus, but I didn't change anything. I'm not sure if going there caused the More to change to Updates.
Since it appears to be able to be changed over the air, I know some users were saying the settings were not saved after they used the edit button. I think apple may have gone back to the old interface until they get the save fixed.

rijc99

Mar 5, 2007
Visit site
My understanding of the app store is that it's basically a web app with hooks into the OS for checking version numbers. So when you go to the app store on the phone, the store front is downloaded from the server so the buttons can be changed anytime.

It's not really an over the air update to the app. The store front is on their server.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner