3GS 16gb or 32gb?

ctriefus

May 11, 2009
Visit site
So I'm sitting here at 02 website trying to figure out what is the best value for money (I can't believe how much more they are charging in the UK than in the US but that is a different post!) and I can't decide whether to get the 16 or 32 gb phone.

What is the general opinion on this? Bearing in mind that I will be using this phone for at least 2 years if not more, will memory managing the 16 just get to be too big a pain?

Which one did you choose?

produx

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
Well:

the 16GB works out at ?27.53 per GB
the 32GB works out at ?16.82 per GB...

So the 32GB works out better value, but it all depends how much you need to store on the Iphone at any one time... If your near a PC every night the 16GB should be ok

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com

ctriefus

May 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm going 32GB because I've replaced my iPod with my iPhone so being able to hold more of my 35GB of music will be nice. Also, there is an improved camera and video camera on the 3G S. If you plan on taking videos I would definitely go with 32GB.

Check out this thread I've been updating about the video space needed:

Thank you! That thread was exactly what I needed to know. Since one of the reasons I'm getting it is for taking video I see I will definitely need the 32GB.

Cheers

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
Thank you! That thread was exactly what I needed to know. Since one of the reasons I'm getting it is for taking video I see I will definitely need the 32GB.

Cheers

Glad I helped someone with that. Spent a lot of time trying to figure it out. Less than 24 hours now to test it out myself and see how close my 27MB/Min estimate is.

PSM

May 30, 2005
headsetchatter.com
Yeah, no matter what you're doing, if you intend on keeping it a while you should invest in larger memory for the future. By the time you're ready to upgrade they'll probably be releasing a phone with 128GB, and all the apps will be bigger to take advantage of it (just like how computer apps and games are now huge because everybody has huge hard drives). If you plan on taking a lot of video that's even more important.

IMO, unless the price difference will make you totally broke, it's worth it to double the capacity (and thus your capacity to enjoy the device without limitations).

foster2380

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I also opted for the 32 after much debate. It was hard to shell out that much money for a phone, but I'm glad I won't have to worry about space limitations for any reason. I looked at it from the perspective of, I've got to live with it for two years, there will always be things that bother me about any phone that I can't control, I better not let something I CAN control end up bothering me.

However, with Orb, Pandora and Sirius/XM I think you could still get by with the 16gb without to much trouble.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2