So from what i understand the 3gs comes out in two days (6/19/2009) and this will cause the iphone 3g to drop prices WITH A CONTRACT (99 for the 8gb or 199 for the 16gb, as i understand).. I've been looking at some 2g's just because they're so cheap but I'd much rather go for a 3g if they're going to drop alot in price..

I'm debating on getting a 2g or a 3g, i'm planning on getting it unlocked and it seems like on ebay they go for like 250-400 for the 2g/8gb and 350-500 for the 3g/8gb.. after the 3gs is released will prices for out-of-contract phones go down significantly?

If you can still get a 2g with a plan what's the price on those? i imagine knowing the price for the 2g and 3g now would help predict out of contract prices for after the 3gs comes out

When exactly are these new prices going to take affect? Will this affect online/auction/out of contract prices?

How much will the 2g go for out of contract?

How much will a 3g go for out of contract?

Any advice on any of these questions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
    *glad to be a new member i look forward to browsing these forums
    06-17-2009 10:31 PM
    **bump

basically i'm asking how much the average online price for both the 3g and 2g will drop after friday, and how long will it take to see the price breaks online say on ebay?

Or, where's the best place to buy an out of contract iphone
    06-18-2009 01:35 AM
    Um well you can buy the 8gb 3g IPhone right now for 99 new! But that for a phone that's not unlocked. As far as your other questions. You'll just have to do some online searching

btw the 16gb 3g phone will no longer be made. Once they're gone that's it.

And the answer to the last thing that I can answer is my 2g plan is at 20 a month. Will AT&T continue at that price point for the 2g I sure hope so cause I am gonna give my phone to my son.
    06-18-2009 01:49 AM
    Um well you can buy the 8gb 3g IPhone right now for 99 new! But that for a phone that's not unlocked. As far as your other questions. You'll just have to do some online searching

btw the 16gb 3g phone will no longer be made. Once they're gone that's it.

And the answer to the last thing that I can answer is my 2g plan is at 20 a month. Will AT&T continue at that price point for the 2g I sure hope so cause I am gonna give my phone to my son.
    well you see i'm looking for prices for phones out of contract, using at&t is not an option for me i'll be sticking with t-mobile.. if these changes have taken affect do you think the current ebay prices for the 2/3g are what they are going to be for a while?
    06-18-2009 01:58 AM
    perhaps someone else may be able to answer that. I have never been on e-bay
    06-18-2009 02:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD