iPhone OS 3.xx Software Bugs/Issues

damule6666

Banned
Apr 26, 2009
Visit site
I am experiencing one issue since upgrading to 3.0. and i did set up as a new phone also.

When i am in safari and have more than one (1) page open and i minimize a page and try to close a page it will freeze for anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes then it will close and go to the home screen.
Then you re-open safari the page you wanted to close is still open and it will let you close that page. but without fail within a few minutes it will do it again. Only when you try to close one window though.

It does not do it all the time, but about 75% of the time at least.
Quite aggravating..

Anyone else have this issue, or have any ideas?

Thank you

anon(4671651)

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
damule, i am having that same problem to, no matter how fast my connection is it always ends up freezing, even if its a small website

safari seems to be the buggiest since ive upgraded.

Shangraham

May 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm having an issue with YouTube. It'll play a video about halfway through and then freeze. And then the screen itself freezes where I can't access the play/pause/back buttons. The only way to unfreeze it is to turn off the app. Anyone else having this issue?

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
So I opened up my photo album on my iPhone, and an old email draft popped up that I had discarded last week. When I discarded it again, then my photo album appeared. ???

It seems my phone is getting worse every week.
I hate to say it, but I'm honestly starting to dislike the iPhone because of it. Okay, maybe that's a lie. But I am frustrated with it.
HUGE lags with everything. Like ridiculus lags. The sound notifications always stutter, or don't make a sound at all. Landscape orientation sometimes not recognized, voicemails don't come through until I restart the phone, and 14-hour back ups.
As well as when playing videos, tapping the screen won't bring up the controls half the time. Email notification tones rarely come through as well.

I think I'm going to take my phone into Apple and get an exchange before my warranty is up.
I miss OS 2.21...
None of the above problems were present (except back up times) until I upgraded to 3.0.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My email will crash and close me out once in awhile while opening a new email. Maybe once a day or every other day I experience it.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
My email will crash and close me out once in awhile while opening a new email. Maybe once a day or every other day I experience it.

I think you have the worst luck in the history of iPhone owners... At least you are sticking with it.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I think you have the worst luck in the history of iPhone owners... At least you are sticking with it.

Yeah your telling me. LOL Now I have a iphone that is durable all the way around. No more hardware issues **knocking on wood**. But the email thing I believe is just a minor OS issue and I bet will work fine on the future software. Nothing that is a big deal but yes Im am sticking with it and really making this work. I spent the $499 early upgrade so Im not giving up.

iPhones4life

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Yeah your telling me. LOL Now I have a iphone that is durable all the way around. No more hardware issues **knocking on wood**. But the email thing I believe is just a minor OS issue and I bet will work fine on the future software. Nothing that is a big deal but yes Im am sticking with it and really making this work. I spent the $499 early upgrade so Im not giving up.

Neither, I have faith.

warrior321

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
im not sure if this is a bug or not or if it was possible in older firmwares but the green bar that says touch to return to call when not in the phone app is not active wen in landscape mode

j00w00t

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
im not sure if this is a bug or not or if it was possible in older firmwares but the green bar that says touch to return to call when not in the phone app is not active wen in landscape mode
i had something like that happen to me. i was on the phone, but on the main menu when the other party hung up (was a land line, don't know if this matters) and i couldn't select the green bar. nothing i did would activate it, and the call timer was stopped. eventually just rebooted.

Sep 12, 2009
Visit site
Some problems

I have noticed that within the time from upgrading to 3.0 software my phone has sowed down a noticeable amount, I then restored with a custom firmware 2.2.9 (Most of you have more than likely never herd of that) and them my phone was working as blazing speeds again. I was reading about others peoples problems and I even contacted apple about the situation. They told me word for word "Sorry for the inconvenience please understand that with it being a newer release it still has problems that need to worked out", so while in saying that I decided that maybe I could retry and download the firmware from apple Soon I realized that it was impossible to re download the software from apple. I began doing research on websites that constantly update their firmware and found felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/I re downloaded 3.0 firmware for the iphone 3g and my phone was working just as new. Tip: once you download the firmware and you go to download the firmware that you will have to hold down shift then update in order to choose your file, all you will have to choose is your firmware file. Hoped this helped!

-Bradley-Subscribe to me at youtube.com/user/illgiveitareview

alermo

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
I have the same problem with mine. Typing, or trying to type (more often) i also have to tap for several times before the keyboard will launch.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR