iPhone OS 3.xx Software Bugs/Issues

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
@cre8tivespirit. That has happenned to me on my oldphone. I turned wifi off on my computer turned off the airport express and turned off the cable modem. Then restarted everything. It always seemed to work for me after.

MikeDVB

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
In YouTube over WiFi I can only watch about 1 minute 20 seconds worth of video because after that amount of time it simply stops downloading the video. It works beautifully over 3G - anybody else had this issue?

Most of them were high quality videos (the ones from TiPB.com actually) and usually 6+ minutes long.

It plays until that point and just stops, when I touch the screen the bar that shows how much is loaded and the player position shows it's not loaded past that point, and the video just pauses. Hitting play doesn't work you have to exit out of the video and go back into it and then jump ahead to that point and then you still only get about a minute's worth.

I really need to know if this is something local to my LAN/Wifi or if it's an iPhone 3.0 problem - I'm going to test it on my 3G here in just a bit, because this is how it acts on my 3G S.

MikeDVB

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I've verified this issue only exists with my 3G S and only on WiFi, on my 3G it doesn't happen at all (WiFi or 3G) could somebody else with a 3G S and WiFi please see if you can watch a high-quality video for more than a minute before it quits downloading the video? The videos here on TheiPhoneBlog.com will work.

MPIIIMan

Jun 16, 2009
www.mpiiiman.com
iPhone 3G - redsn0w'd - 5.0 carrier

Oddities I have experienced.
Under the Settings page General / Network there was the Tethering option shown at one point.
I went into Cellular Data Network to adjust the MMS settings to try to get MMS working. I put in the MMS settings, then returned to the Cellular Data Network page. When I returned the tethering option just up and disappeared.

Another weird thing I found. After I initially updated to 3.0 and was setting up my phone. I went into Settings / General and changed Auto-Lock to "Never"
After I was completely done setting up my phone, it started going into Auto-Lock mode. So I went back into Settings / General, and I no longer have the "Never" option to control the Auto-Lock. I did read on some other forums that it may have something to do with having an exchange account, but that makes no sense to me.

And now just recently. When I try to go into the Itunes app, using my iPhone (not on the pc). I was trying to browse some podcasts, and I wasn't able to download anything. I poked around further and I'm not able to download/buy anything in Itunes app on the phone. My account is setup. I'm able to use the AppStore to purchase / download apps with no problem.

[Update]
Uninstalled MobileSubstrate and iTunes app is working again (Had to reboot after uninstall)

Last edited:

cre8tivspirit

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
@cre8tivespirit. That has happenned to me on my oldphone. I turned wifi off on my computer turned off the airport express and turned off the cable modem. Then restarted everything. It always seemed to work for me after.

I spent about 3 hours total on the phone with Apple support yesterday trying everything, including driving down to Starbucks to attempt a connection with the ATT Hotspot. I couldn't even get my WiFi to connect to the unsecured network at the neighborhood pool.

Final analysis: 3.0 firmware somehow trashed my WiFi. Waiting on the shipping box from Apple now so I can send it back and get a replacement. Unfortunately I don't live anywhere close to an Apple retail store.

itoine

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
I updated mine with a backup because I need all my contacts. I'm happy it didn't erase any of my information. And mine is working perfectly. It actually took less time to update than I thought it would!

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
I updated mine with a backup because I need all my contacts. I'm happy it didn't erase any of my information. And mine is working perfectly. It actually took less time to update than I thought it would!

Yes mine is working good to no glitches and update took like 5 minutes.

jerryrs

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
It seems to me the wifi reception isn't as great with my 3gs as it is with my 2nd gen ipod touch. Also I have a problem accessing itunes with my aol login information. My phone consistently tells me my password is incorrect even though I know it isn't. It was working fine before and now I can't login at all with it on my phone or itunes on my pc.

MikeDVB

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Wifi has been horrible, I've almost considered trying to install 2.2.1 on my 3G S but being that the 3G S never had 2.2.1 I think I would probably cause more harm than good so I'm just leaving Wifi off for now - 3G is great in my area at least.

pguich

Jun 13, 2009
Visit site
Shake to Shuffle when connected to a stereo bluetooth headset does not work (works fine when not connected). Further, does not allow the bluetooth headset to control next/previous track (volume, play/stop work fine). My experience is based only on the Sony-Ericsson HBH-DS980 bluetooth stereo headset on an iPhone 3GS. Does anyone have an experience with a stereo bluetooth device where everything worked perfectly?

jerryrs

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Anyone having issues with their keypad? I am having intermittent issues accessing the bottom row of the keyboard (number key, backspace, space, return and in safari, + key, boomarks buttons). The issue just comes and goes with no consistency.

escapethematrix

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
my issues

Ever since I installed 3.0 on my 16GB G, I have had several issues:

1)i have had that keyboard issue in IM+ & Facebook where if you shift to horizontal, it pasts the new view over the old and basically blocks out the old screen. The old view stays there. So, you can't type anymore.

2)I have also had very slow speeds in Safari and actually had safari crash. It never hapenned before.

Overall, my 3G is running slower.

Apple needs to fix this.

greghammond

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
As others have reported here, after updating my iPhone 3G to 3.0, it started draining the battery very fast, and overheating.

Research and a bit of deduction revealed the culprit: PUSH

I have a corporate email account which uses Exchange ActiveSync. Using Push, this account was checking for new mail every 5 seconds. I sat there and watched it refresh again and again.

No wonder the battery was draining so fast and the phone got so hot - literally 3600 times each hour, it was checking for new mail!

To remedy this without losing the ability to stay current with email, I turned off Push and set my corporate account to Fetch every 15 minutes.

It seems like this is Apple's problem to fix (the phone didn't behave this way before 3.0), but it's also possible that a setting needs to be updated on my company's Exchange server.

abug

Jun 24, 2009
Visit site
wifi connection

Since the upgrade to 3.0 my phone doesn't automatically reconnect to my home WiFi network. Every time I turn it on, I have to select the network from the pop up window. Did a setting get messed up or is this a new "feature"?

I have the same problem with my new 3Gs. Further aggravating the situation is that my home WiFi password is no longer being accepted by the phone. It worked when I entered it in the settings mode initially, but now it doesn't take when I enter it into the pop-up window that comes up every few minutes. Argh.

greghammond

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
No wonder the battery was draining so fast and the phone got so hot - literally 3600 times each hour, it was checking for new mail!

Um, er ... that would actually be 720 times per hour (I must have been doing "new math"). ;)

Still way too much 3G radio usage (every 5 seconds), but not quite enough to make the damned phone burst into flames (yet).

MikeDVB

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Anyone having issues with their keypad? I am having intermittent issues accessing the bottom row of the keyboard (number key, backspace, space, return and in safari, + key, boomarks buttons). The issue just comes and goes with no consistency.

This sounds like a hardware defect, I had this happen on my old 3G but it was the whole keyboard area.

Is this section of the screen that these keys on working on any other screen (try changing home screens using this section of the screen). If it doesn't work there either you should go to an Apple store asap.

echaos1210

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
why for some reason when i have my phone on vibrate and i had the headphones connected i can normally hear the sound for the text message all of sudden i cant hear it anymore even when the ringer and switch is off vibrate

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Will apple be coming back out with another update soon to fix all of the issues people hace been complaining about? The fact that I delete emails and they show up in iPhones new search function bugs the hell out of me !!!!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro