iPhone OS 3.xx Software Bugs/Issues

mdntblu

May 17, 2009
www.lightmyworld.com
so push is so awesome right? i mean, we have ALLLLL these apps ready to use with it? come on apple and developers...its not like you didn't know this week was coming...how are there not more push apps? what about all the ones shown at the conferences? total crap.

I was wondering the same thing. Oh well. I guess we'll all have to play with Tap Tap 2 to get Push. hehehe

Want to win track lighting for your home/office? Your Discount Track Lighting Source : Track Lighting : Cable Lighting : Light?My?WorldLight?My...

Xenon#IM

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Anyone else having any problems with accessories? I plug mine into my radio in my car and two days after the update it stopped connecting to it. Instead of the message about switching to airplane mode I get one that says "device not supported" and will not connect to play music at all. Reastarting the phone didn't help. I'm going to try restoring a fresh copy, as much as I don't want to loose my settings, but maybe that will help.

I have also noticed the wifi range being lower yesterday and today, but Wednesday it would keep kicking me out of wifi and not load anything, so at least I can use it now. I have noticed the my phone does seem to be slower, especially when typing, it can't seem to keep up video wise but does see all the keys I press. 3.0 seems really buggy, and everytime I restart the phone for some reason, different bugs seem to awaken untill I restart again, only to get different ones. Hopefully a fresh install will help.

EDIT: I meant to mention that I have a 3g, wish I could get a 3gs but can't upgrade till February

Last edited:

rayjh

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Re car stereo

Noticed with my 3GS when I plugged it into my car stereo it said "charging not supported by this accessory". Used to work fine with my 2G. Was still able to play the music though ...

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
I restored my iPhone 3G to butt nekkidness with iTunes on my secondary laptop here at work. I can't sync my apps because I'm not at home on my main PC. So on my restored iPhone I navigated to the App Store and was able to download 1 of the missing games I used to have in my "Categories" folder and it now shows up.

So the good news is you'll be able to get all of those missing Apps back.
Bad news is you'll have to setup ALL of your personal settings again.

I guess I'm happy about a little silver lining

Cool, I'm gonna have to do this later tonight, I just wish there was a way to save all my personal info The way I do it so I don't lose anything is to go through all my contacts and whatever else I want saved and take screenshots of them, then dump them on my computer so I can just easily enter them in from there, even if it takes awhile it's worth it!

cre8tivspirit

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
Since the upgrade to 3.0 my phone doesn't automatically reconnect to my home WiFi network. Every time I turn it on, I have to select the network from the pop up window. Did a setting get messed up or is this a new "feature"?

I restored and setup as a new phone but now my WiFi can't even find a network. None! I'm sitting next to my laptop that is connected to my WiFi so I know it's active. I also know that there are at least 5 other WiFi networks that I used to be able to see along with my own.

This royally sucks.

nightex

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
MMS SMS Message Error to multiple recipients

Ever since 3.0 I can't send messages to multiple recipients. I'm on Optus in Australia using a 16gb 3G.

Anyone else having this problem?

stooovie

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
My wifi range is reduced too, i get dropouts and thw whole thing is slow. I guess its a price for extended fubctionality, but am also sure Apple could tweak further. Heck, in 1985, I had GUI OS running on 1mhz Commodore 64 with 64 kBytes of RAM, and they cant write a snappy OS for a device with TWO THOUSAND TIMES more memory?

cre8tivspirit

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
I restored and setup as a new phone but now my WiFi can't even find a network. None! I'm sitting next to my laptop that is connected to my WiFi so I know it's active. I also know that there are at least 5 other WiFi networks that I used to be able to see along with my own.

This royally sucks.

Not sure why but after I turned my phone off last night and left it off, this morning finds the WiFi working again. I don't know why that made a difference but I'm not complaining.

stringbeanie

Nov 17, 2004
Visit site
If you restore as new phone rather than from backup, won't you lose all of your app data? I know I can just reload the apps but I have important data that I don't really want to lose.

copocamaro

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
phones apps not working

Hello I got 3 new phones yesterday and none work there is no way to send pictures or video on the sms like the apple video shows. also I have one ohone that the camera and video do not work

bosox0898

May 24, 2009
Visit site
@copocamaro... There's no mms in the US until at the earliest august because ATT can't get their **** together. Your phone's not broken, your provider is.

cre8tivspirit

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
Not sure why but after I turned my phone off last night and left it off, this morning finds the WiFi working again. I don't know why that made a difference but I'm not complaining.

I take that back. It's still not working. It finds it but won't connect anymore. I get the "unable to connect to the network" message. I've tried bouncing my router to restart the WiFi, restored as a new phone twice and all with no luck. Next step is to call Apple and see what is going on.

Xenon#IM

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
After I could not not connect to my radio, giving me the "device not supported" message, I did restore to a new phone last night and is working again. Copy and paste came in handy setting up my rss feeds again, thanks apple! Wifi range is still reduced, but my phone does seem to be running a lot smoother. It was worth loosing my app data to restore.