iPhone OS 3.xx Software Bugs/Issues

bwilkins

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
So I already found a bug in 3.0, and this would be a great spot to list any others that you find.

Basically now that they've added the 'more' button in the iPhones app store, you can go to 'edit' and rearrange the buttons.
I check for app updates daily (I have tons of apps) so I wanted the updates visible. After going to 'more', then 'edit', I drag updates and replace the categories button with it. I then drag updates over next to the 'more' button. I click done...close the app store and re-open it, it resets itself and doesn't save.

Can other people confirm this too...?

I've cannot actually see the 'more' button on mine right now, but you don't really need make your change. I've noticed app updates being pushed to my phone...

Nealf

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Contacts cannot be opened

Since the update, I cannot open any of my contacts. I have tried replacing them with the Outlook contacts, but no improvement.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Redbeard,
I'm getting the SAME problem!
Here's 1 theory I had and I'd like you to let me know if your situation is the same.
The apps that aren't showing up on my phone are all Games. I had my iPhone 3G Jailbroken and I was using "Categories". A jailbreak app that lets you create folders, name those folders and put app icons in that folder.

So I had a folder called "Games" and moved the majority of my games into that folder. I'm wondering if the 3.0 upgrade process messes up all of those game apps I had in that folder and does not display them on my phone now.

My next step when I get home is to connect my iPhone to iTunes and do a WIPE. Start from scratch and start to move all of my apps, music, vids, contacts..etc back to the newly wiped phone.

Keep us posted on any of your findings regarding this "Blackhole"

Thanks!

Hmmm, I was using categories too, not just for games though, now that I think about it, every app I had in folders are the ones that are missing!

All the games I had in my game folder, are gone, as is everything I had in a utility folder, and my music folder.

I did a restore before upgrading to 3.0, so I'm not sure how this could have happened.

I'm curious about the baxckup process when doing a restore, if you restore to a new phone do you lose all your contacts and other info as well??

cherryhead25

Jul 18, 2008
Visit site
Funny you should mention it

For people having issues with 3.0 being sluggish... I'm willing to bet you restored from a backup when you updated rather than updating to a new iPhone. Restore your device and select set up new iPhone... your issues will go away. Promise.

I originally tried to update w/o restoring. The update went great. Except I was JB'en and was using "Categories" and forgot to take the apps out of the categories folders. Well after the update I was missing all those apps! Some of the iPhone default apps were missing too. Weird. So I restored and then ran the update again. Now it is like I have a brand new phone. The only thing is that I lost my notes (not too many) and I had to reset my email/mobile me accounts. But such is life.

NorCalZman

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
lets seee:
1) autocorrect doesnt seem to work all the time.
2) takes forever to start up after the apple screen
3) 2 apps, Hotdog down a hallway and Zombieville USA have framerate issues
4) after start up, noticing it wont find a signal. I have to turn on and off airplane mode for it to work.

This is enough for me to try a restore tonight. Hopefully itll fix these issues. UGH. Apple - Just works :(

Ok I heard back from the 2 game developers that its known issues with 3.0 so not my phone. However the rest of the problems are still there.... Advise...would you restore and use the back up file?

mdntblu

May 17, 2009
www.lightmyworld.com
I have a JVC KW-AVX810 head unit with Bluetooth add-on. Before 3.0 the bluetooth worked fine for phone calls. Now since 3.0 update now my audio comes works fine on the head unit. Can play iPod or Pandora or whatever. My biggest complaint is that all the sounds are being sent through bluetooth. So whenever I get in my car it automatically pairs to the JVC unit and if I'm listening to a CD or the Radio and don't have the headunit source set on BT Audio then if I get a text message I won't hear it. Notifications and everything are going over bluetooth. That kinda stinks because unless I disconnect my phone from the JVC Audio part i will not get any notifications for text, mail, etc. because I won't be able to hear them.

mdntblu

May 17, 2009
www.lightmyworld.com
So I already found a bug in 3.0, and this would be a great spot to list any others that you find.

Basically now that they've added the 'more' button in the iPhones app store, you can go to 'edit' and rearrange the buttons.
I check for app updates daily (I have tons of apps) so I wanted the updates visible. After going to 'more', then 'edit', I drag updates and replace the categories button with it. I then drag updates over next to the 'more' button. I click done...close the app store and re-open it, it resets itself and doesn't save.

Can other people confirm this too...?

I had a more button with OS 3.0 GM but with the actual release I don't have the more button anymore.

bgut1

Feb 3, 2009
Visit site
Same issue with the missing "more" button in the App Store. I should have read this thread first as it would have saved me a few hours last night doing a fresh restore and putting everything pack onto my phone. Anyway, the restore did solve the problem of the long backup times.

iBamse

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I have a JVC KW-AVX810 head unit with Bluetooth add-on. Before 3.0 the bluetooth worked fine for phone calls. Now since 3.0 update now my audio comes works fine on the head unit. Can play iPod or Pandora or whatever. My biggest complaint is that all the sounds are being sent through bluetooth. So whenever I get in my car it automatically pairs to the JVC unit and if I'm listening to a CD or the Radio and don't have the headunit source set on BT Audio then if I get a text message I won't hear it. Notifications and everything are going over bluetooth. That kinda stinks because unless I disconnect my phone from the JVC Audio part i will not get any notifications for text, mail, etc. because I won't be able to hear them.

This is seriously annoying! Even more so as on the iTouch you have an option to decide wether sound should come from speakers or headset, but on the iPhone this setting has been removed. And yet more annoying as even my super mini one ear Jabra 8040 supports A2DP - so now I never hear any notifications unless I am in a call.

It is ABSOLUTELY VITAL that the user can choose for notifications to be played on the internal speaker regardless of wether the device is paired with a Bluetooth headset or not!

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I have the GM release and my "More" button is also now missing. I think this an App Store thing, not a 3.0 issue.

The 'more' button issue was posted before apple somehow reconfigured the app store over the air.
They saw that there was a bug in them saving, and reverted it back to how it used to be.
And honestly, I hope they aren't tweaking it and putting it back. I don't want a more button just to add a redeem option!
Like I said before, just throw a redeem button in the upper left hand corner of the updates page. Just like the "Update All" button.

gadgets24

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
hi ive updated to 3.0 on my 2G iphone and some things dont work, which i expected. but the battery life has gone down rapidly! it drops to half power half way through the day after being docked all night! also when playing music through my dock i get interfearance over the music and now itunes will not let me restore to 2.2.1! any ideas

Stephman

Jul 10, 2008
Visit site
Hmmm, I was using categories too, not just for games though, now that I think about it, every app I had in folders are the ones that are missing!

All the games I had in my game folder, are gone, as is everything I had in a utility folder, and my music folder.

I did a restore before upgrading to 3.0, so I'm not sure how this could have happened.

I'm curious about the baxckup process when doing a restore, if you restore to a new phone do you lose all your contacts and other info as well??

I restored my iPhone 3G to butt nekkidness with iTunes on my secondary laptop here at work. I can't sync my apps because I'm not at home on my main PC. So on my restored iPhone I navigated to the App Store and was able to download 1 of the missing games I used to have in my "Categories" folder and it now shows up.

So the good news is you'll be able to get all of those missing Apps back.
Bad news is you'll have to setup ALL of your personal settings again.

I guess I'm happy about a little silver lining

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
My battery life seems to be better actually.

I wish they'd improve the dictionary; it just never recognizes what I mean to type until maybe the last letter or unless I only make one letter mistake

bosox0898

May 24, 2009
Visit site
I am kind of amazed at all of the problems that people are having. Since I updated on wed my phone actually seems faster. The only problem I've been having is I get a random pop-up window saying "Unknown error" and i'm not sure why.

stew#IM

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I now, despite continuing to have my auto-lock setting at 5 min, have a problem with the phone going into auto-lock quickly, less than a minute....Is there a way to stop this?

mdntblu

May 17, 2009
www.lightmyworld.com
hi ive updated to 3.0 on my 2G iphone and some things dont work, which i expected. but the battery life has gone down rapidly! it drops to half power half way through the day after being docked all night! also when playing music through my dock i get interfearance over the music and now itunes will not let me restore to 2.2.1! any ideas

Get the old ipsw file from iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From (do a search on google for the link) and then plug your iphone in and go to itunes and then hold down shift and click the restore button and pick the older file. Should work. I haven't tested it but I can't see why it wouldn't.

imccullough

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
The biggest thing I noticed is that the range from which the iPhone can pick up my home wifi signal is GREATLY reduced. Before updating, I could get wifi in the whole house.

Now, I can only get the wifi signal in half the house. I have to keep walking into specific rooms near to the router to get a signal. Nothing has changed with my laptops, they can still get the signal throughout the house. It only started on the iphone when I updated to 3.0.

I was also getting the problem where it kept prompting me to reconnect to the home wifi network. But that since has cleared up I think.

Hope they fix this. I hate using the 3G network at home for browsing on the phone.
I have noticed the wifi range reduction problem as well. We did go through some severe storms yesterday, and i thought that the router itself could have had a power surge of some sort and that could have been the problem, but my macs in my room still pickup wifi just as they always have. The iPhone however still has reduced coverage. I am feeling this as i live in a poor reception area and i only get edge in most of my house when i'm not on wifi.

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
so push is so awesome right? i mean, we have ALLLLL these apps ready to use with it? come on apple and developers...its not like you didn't know this week was coming...how are there not more push apps? what about all the ones shown at the conferences? total crap.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2