iPhone OS 3.xx Software Bugs/Issues

Finables

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
My MobileMe account has been trying to send a message that was sent and received for the better part of a day now. At the bottom of my inbox it says I have 1 unsent message, but the sent box shows that that message was sent!? It says my connection to the outgoing server failed. But I've checked the outgoing address and it appears to be correct-it's the same address was it before. So far that's my only gripe.

jmsackett

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I noticed the issue with the More... Button in the App Store. However, about 10 minutes ago, I went again to the App Store and noticed More... is gone and only the Original 5 are left (Featured, Categories, Top 25, Search and Update). Anyone else notice this?

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
My MobileMe account has been trying to send a message that was sent and received for the better part of a day now. At the bottom of my inbox it says I have 1 unsent message, but the sent box shows that that message was sent!? It says my connection to the outgoing server failed. But I've checked the outgoing address and it appears to be correct-it's the same address was it before. So far that's my only gripe.

I have been having the same problem with my imap account...it's starting to pee me off. I need my mail working.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
For people having issues with 3.0 being sluggish... I'm willing to bet you restored from a backup when you updated rather than updating to a new iPhone. Restore your device and select set up new iPhone... your issues will go away. Promise.

Ash, How do I do this without loosing all of my information?

divrdrew

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
No problems from a speed perspective. Never restored a backup to my phone. Also don't seem to have the same IMAP email issue noted above. What I really liked was that all my settings, apps, and pages were the same after the update. Nice job on Apple's part for the update. Made it very easy.

That said, the only trouble I have been experiencing is with iTunes. First, I couldn't sync notes. Posted a thread and got it resolved. My main issue is with the amount of time it takes. My 16gb phone is around 1/2 full and it has been taking 3-4 times as long to backup as it had previously. Seems to get stuck around 15-20% of the way through the backup and hangs. If it makes it past that, it hangs around 70% (just estimates based on the bar at the top).

EDITED: Original post made at 11:30 after I had already started to synchronize. It's now almost 12:30 and it finally finished.

Does anyone else experience such long sync times?

Last edited:

whydidnt

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I now have a couple of emails that aren't wrapping the text. The emails were on the phone before and I could read them fine then, but now the font's too small to read.

Ok, so this may not be a bug, but any suggestions if not. I've flipped it back and forth (which I do like the fact I can now do), double tapped to attempt to zoom (but then it just asks if I want to select or select all for copy..?).

Not a great improvement to email if you can't read them all...

I can confirm that I have the same problem. Emails that previously wrapped aren't and I have to scroll side to side. Also, in some cases the fonts in email get messed up and are huge. Double tapping doesn't seem to resolve back to a single column.

whydidnt

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Since the upgrade to 3.0 my phone doesn't automatically reconnect to my home WiFi network. Every time I turn it on, I have to select the network from the pop up window. Did a setting get messed up or is this a new "feature"?

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
So I already found a bug in 3.0, and this would be a great spot to list any others that you find.

Basically now that they've added the 'more' button in the iPhones app store, you can go to 'edit' and rearrange the buttons.
I check for app updates daily (I have tons of apps) so I wanted the updates visible. After going to 'more', then 'edit', I drag updates and replace the categories button with it. I then drag updates over next to the 'more' button. I click done...close the app store and re-open it, it resets itself and doesn't save.

Can other people confirm this too...?

UPDATE: It seems apple realized this bug and has somehow tweaked the 'app store' app and got rid of the more button. Which makes me happy. Cause it was dumb to add a more button just so you could 'redeem' a code. They should just add a 'redeem' button to the Updates page.
Anyways, good news for my bug. Thanks Apple. : )

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Since the upgrade to 3.0 my phone doesn't automatically reconnect to my home WiFi network. Every time I turn it on, I have to select the network from the pop up window. Did a setting get messed up or is this a new "feature"?

Mine auto connects, so not sure why yours doesn't.

iphone_aggie

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I noticed the issue with the More... Button in the App Store. However, about 10 minutes ago, I went again to the App Store and noticed More... is gone and only the Original 5 are left (Featured, Categories, Top 25, Search and Update). Anyone else notice this?

Same here. I don't even see how to get back to the screen to change the menus at the bottom. I went to the screen after (when it had More and then you could either go to Update or Redeem) to edit the menus, but I didn't edit anything, so maybe there's a bug there that doesn't set the menu to More after that.

rkbrown81

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed it takes a VERY long time to backup my 16 GB 1st Gen iPhone now. It took about 90 minutes to get about 90% complete, but I fell asleep waiting for it to finish, so I'm not sure how long it took. And then it still needed to update my apps.

Does anyone know any way to speed up the backup process?

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I've noticed it takes a VERY long time to backup my 16 GB 1st Gen iPhone now. It took about 90 minutes to get about 90% complete, but I fell asleep waiting for it to finish, so I'm not sure how long it took. And then it still needed to update my apps.

Does anyone know any way to speed up the backup process?

You think thats bad...?
It took me 16 hours to back up my iPhone 3G.
And thats after many many failed attempts.
Usually at about 8 hours in, it'd automatically disconnect my iPhone and pop up with an error saying it had been disconnected.

I think it's time to get my iPhone checked out before the warranty is up...haha.

As far as speeding it up, I couldn't tell you. I could be wrong, but I think if you do it more frequently, it doesn't take as long.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Wow...and I thought 60 minutes was bad to back up my 16gb 3G! I can't believe how long it's taking you. How much space is used on your phone? I wonder if this is widespread or isolated. I can't imagine taking that long!

I'm only using 1GB of space..
I have a 8GB iphone...
Apple rep said there is probably a corrupted file.

I did see a time-lapsed video of someones taking 8 hours. And everyone thought that that was as bad as it gets.
Maybe I should call guinness book of world records? haha.

brilldoctor

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
upgraded my 1st gen 8gb ipod touch, and for some reason the apple logo disappears half way through boot. apart from that, seems just as stable as 2.2.1, but it keeps dropping the bt homehub - when i go into settings the wifi is there again but had that with 2x :(

Last edited:

Nealf

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Phantom Content

When I sync, iTunes shows about 5 GB of orange "other" content. This is phantom content that does not really exist on my phone.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
upgraded my 1st gen 8gb ipod touch, and for some reason the apple logo disappears half way through boot. apart from that, seems just as stable as 2.2.1, but it keeps dropping the bt homehub - when i go into settings the wifi is there again but had that with 2x :(

I freaked out yesterday when installing the OS because the Apple logo dissapeared and the screen was blank, but lit, for awhile.
I think this is normal. Just a new way to boot I guess.

linde

Dec 28, 2008
Visit site
So I already found a bug in 3.0, and this would be a great spot to list any others that you find.

Basically now that they've added the 'more' button in the iPhones app store, you can go to 'edit' and rearrange the buttons.
I check for app updates daily (I have tons of apps) so I wanted the updates visible. After going to 'more', then 'edit', I drag updates and replace the categories button with it. I then drag updates over next to the 'more' button. I click done...close the app store and re-open it, it resets itself and doesn't save.

Can other people confirm this too...?

Yep, did the same to me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal