iPhone OS 3.xx Software Bugs/Issues

shawnluke

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

So like most of you I updated to 3.0 today and I have been noticing some things not working properly and just wanted to get some feedback.

The first thing that I have noticed is the response time in general on my phone has went down.

When I am in the "Messages" icon trying to txt, I have noticed that it seems to take forever to bring up anything.

then when tapping on the bottom bar to begin writing a txt, i have to tap 4-5 times before the keyboard will launch.

I have also noticed this in email, and even trying to make a phone call.

So has anyone else experienced a "slower" iphone since the update?

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Mine actually seems a little quicker for some reason. I have read a lot of other people noticing a little more lag time.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
For people having issues with 3.0 being sluggish... I'm willing to bet you restored from a backup when you updated rather than updating to a new iPhone. Restore your device and select set up new iPhone... your issues will go away. Promise.

shawnluke

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
For people having issues with 3.0 being sluggish... I'm willing to bet you restored from a backup when you updated rather than updating to a new iPhone. Restore your device and select set up new iPhone... your issues will go away. Promise.

I originally did this because I know better than to backup from a file.
So I tried it again and I swear my phone is getting slower!
I am about ready to go back to the original software, not happy at all!

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com

I'm not gonna worry about it since I'm hopefully getting my preorder on Friday. But thanks for the advice,I'm sure it'll come in handy whenever a new update comes to the 3GS

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I'm not gonna worry about it since I'm hopefully getting my preorder on Friday. But thanks for the advice,I'm sure it'll come in handy whenever a new update comes to the 3GS

Don't know what to tell you. 3.0 is perfectly fine and very snappy. The last beta was fine as well. Good luck.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
List any 3.0 bugs you find!!

So I already found a bug in 3.0, and this would be a great spot to list any others that you find.

Basically now that they've added the 'more' button in the iPhones app store, you can go to 'edit' and rearrange the buttons.
I check for app updates daily (I have tons of apps) so I wanted the updates visible. After going to 'more', then 'edit', I drag updates and replace the categories button with it. I then drag updates over next to the 'more' button. I click done...close the app store and re-open it, it resets itself and doesn't save.

Can other people confirm this too...?

Last edited:

Borgen

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Confirmed, doesnt work for me neither.

Another bug I think:
When sending a contact from one iPhone to another using MMS the contact comes as a unknown file on the other phone. Can someone confirm this?

garpunkal

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
So I already found a bug in 3.0, and this would be a great spot to list any others that you find.

Basically now that they've added the 'more' button in the iPhones app store, you can go to 'edit' and rearrange the buttons.
I check for app updates daily (I have tons of apps) so I wanted the updates visible. After going to 'more', then 'edit', I drag updates and replace the categories button with it. I then drag updates over next to the 'more' button. I click done...close the app store and re-open it, it resets itself and doesn't save.

Can other people confirm this too...?

I can confirm this too... I personally can't believe this got through testing...

sultan

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
I now have a couple of emails that aren't wrapping the text. The emails were on the phone before and I could read them fine then, but now the font's too small to read.

Ok, so this may not be a bug, but any suggestions if not. I've flipped it back and forth (which I do like the fact I can now do), double tapped to attempt to zoom (but then it just asks if I want to select or select all for copy..?).

Not a great improvement to email if you can't read them all...

airness007

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I have not tried copying ph #'s and pasting into keypad, however most phone numbers in email auto format in blue, so you can click to call them anyway, at least most of my exp with them anyway...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I have not tried copying ph #'s and pasting into keypad, however most phone numbers in email auto format in blue, so you can click to call them anyway, at least most of my exp with them anyway...

Yes they do, and apple has improved the method with which it recognizes email addresses and phone numbers and making them clickable in 3.0.
It does this even more than it used to. I don't see why you would ever need to paste a phone number into the dialpad unless it doesn't have an area code.

shawnluke

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
I have read on here and several other sites where people are reporting their iphone to be very sluggish, so I'm kinda glad it's just not me.

However, it's kinda sad that some of us are having problems while others aren't.

Is there anyway for me to delete the 3.0 software and try to download it again in case that is the problem?

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
actually, my 3G has been sluggish since I started testing 3.0 betas. I figured it was because of the betas being buggy. Now that I am on the official 3.0, its still slow. maybe its just my phone? I never restore from a back-up btw.